Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Notion 3 Version 3.2... it's a small world

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Notion 3 Version 3.2... it's a small world

Postby marcato » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:16 pm

Just as I was about to compose an octet (2 flutes, 2 clarinettes, 2 oboes and 2 bassoons) titled "Ode to Surfwhammy", version 3.2 of Notion 3 tiptoed into my system.

It's a small world!

Now wait till you hear my "Fanfare for the Duchess of Cambridge" on the new brass complement included in the 3.2 package!

Cheers
marcato
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:29 pm

Re: Notion 3 Version 3.2... it's a small world

Postby Szurcio1 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:05 pm

Does the update include any bug fixes or only extra samples?
Szurcio1
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:25 am

Re: Notion 3 Version 3.2... it's a small world

Postby marcato » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:44 pm

Well, maybe I triggered something I can't finish here... :-(

The so-called "3.2 update" isn't documented any further than the rundown of "new" instruments. And after I installed the file and rebooted as per instructions, the version info on the Help submenu (About) remained at 3.1281.0.

Also, from memory, I can't really tell what is new and what isn't in the instrument lineup for Woodwinds & Brass in the "Notion 3 Instruments" submenu.

What gives?
Last edited by marcato on Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
marcato
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:29 pm

Re: Notion 3 Version 3.2... it's a small world

Postby pcartwright » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:56 am

Cool... It looks like we have new section expansion sounds ready for purchase (https://store.notionmusic.com/index.php ... ion_sounds).
pcartwright
 
Posts: 796
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:47 pm

Re: Notion 3 Version 3.2... it's a small world

Postby Surfwhammy » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:24 am

marcato wrote:Just as I was about to compose an octet (2 flutes, 2 clarinettes, 2 oboes and 2 bassoons) titled "Ode to Surfwhammy", version 3.2 of Notion 3 tiptoed into my system.

It's a small world!

Now wait till you hear my "Fanfare for the Duchess of Cambridge" on the new brass complement included in the 3.2 package!

Cheers


I am a bit curious about the way "Ode to Surfwhammy" transistions to "Fanfare for the Duchess of Cambridge", which I am hoping is a non sequitur, although over the years a few of my friends have suggested that I might be a homosapien, but I strongly deny such claims, really . . .

Really! :D
The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
User avatar
Surfwhammy
 
Posts: 1137
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:45 am

Re: Notion 3 Version 3.2... it's a small world

Postby marcato » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:58 am

Well, it's clearly called "Notion3 Update 3.2!" on the Notion 3 top page... Not expansion or even upgrade which might imply the cash register should be ringing.
It's the second time this honourable institution pulls this type of gear-up landing short of the runway in less than a year: the so-called update installs (again) in yet another directory -- "Program Files (x86) / Notion 3"... --, instead of doing an overwrite of the kosher "Program Files (x86) / NCH Software / Notion 3"... like it should have if the iPAD obsessed left-foot of this organization knew what the right-hand was trying to do for the growingly impatient proletarian masses of the world of ordinary Windows users (and/or run-of-the mill Mac artists) stuffing their bank account.
So refrain from using this UPDATE 3.2 until someone comes back from Ibiza or is it Pago-Pago and reinflate the dinghy.

And no, Surf, there isn't the slightest allusion to homosapien insinuations, but a mere trace of neanderthalic cultural interbreeding well below the treshold of social DNA, somewhere over there, in the statistical noise.
marcato
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:29 pm

Re: Notion 3 Version 3.2... it's a small world

Postby Admin » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:16 am

marcato wrote:Well, it's clearly called "Notion3 Update 3.2!" on the Notion 3 top page... Not expansion or even upgrade which might imply the cash register should be ringing.
It's the second time this honourable institution pulls this type of gear-up landing short of the runway in less than a year: the so-called update installs (again) in yet another directory -- "Program Files (x86) / Notion 3"... --, instead of doing an overwrite of the kosher "Program Files (x86) / NCH Software / Notion 3"... like it should have if the iPAD obsessed left-foot of this organization knew what the right-hand was trying to do for the growingly impatient proletarian masses of the world of ordinary Windows users (and/or run-of-the mill Mac artists) stuffing their bank account.
So refrain from using this UPDATE 3.2 until someone comes back from Ibiza or is it Pago-Pago and reinflate the dinghy.

And no, Surf, there isn't the slightest allusion to homosapien insinuations, but a mere trace of neanderthalic cultural interbreeding well below the treshold of social DNA, somewhere over there, in the statistical noise.


I don't think I understand your post whatsoever....release notes have been posted.....

Cheers,
Kyle
User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1006
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 7:12 pm

Re: Notion 3 Version 3.2... it's a small world

Postby ulrik » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:32 am

Great news! I'm very happy to be able to work with Notion again :D (I was a little hasty and installed Lion to soon)
I see there is updated sounds as well, however I can't find the updated expansion mandolin or expansion acoustic guitar at the site where Notion directs me, how will I find those updates?

cheers!
User avatar
ulrik
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:27 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Notion 3 Version 3.2... it's a small world

Postby marcato » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:24 am

Hi Kyle
Please indicate where specifics on 3.2 other than 2 elephants, 2 bears, 2 lions etc. have been published...

Also, what you do not understand has been explained to you in the context of Issue 14799 PROJ=1 on 28 Jan 2011 and I quote:

>> Seems problem was a new animal in the file selection chain (ie directory tree).
C:\Program Files (x86)\NHC Software\NOTION 3\Sounds
instead of C:\Program Files(x86)\NOTION 3\Sounds
Many thanks<<

Well, seven months later, you post an update with the same glitch albeit in reverse. Someone should address the issue.

TNX
marcato
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:29 pm

Re: Notion 3 Version 3.2... it's a small world

Postby Rudi » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:46 am

Hi Ulrik,

I have the same problem with the expansion mandolin. The updated acoustic guitar sound you'll find under keys/guitars. The sound update alert doesn't mention the expansion acoustic guitar, just "A new version of Acoustic Guitar.prox is available". I've emailed Notion's support. I'll post the support's answer here.

Kind regards,
Rudi

ulrik wrote:Great news! I'm very happy to be able to work with Notion again :D (I was a little hasty and installed Lion to soon)
I see there is updated sounds as well, however I can't find the updated expansion mandolin or expansion acoustic guitar at the site where Notion directs me, how will I find those updates?

cheers!
Rudi
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:40 am

Next

Return to NOTION

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


cron