Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

MusicXML Beaming?

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

MusicXML Beaming?

Postby pcartwright » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:38 pm

Does anyone else use Notion's MusicXML export? If so, do your beams stay attached? When I export eighth, sixteenth, etc, the beams are broken. Although this is fine for classical vocal music, it's a bit difficult to repair in other programs for other instruments. At first I thought it was an issue with the MusicXML format, but I've been able to export projects with correct beaming in other programs.

Thoughts?
pcartwright

Re: MusicXML Beaming?

Postby joswyl@telenet.be » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:01 am

That's right, I have the same problem. When exporting to Finale, all beams have disappeared. Not that I do this very often, but sometimes, the printing capabilities of Notion are somewhat 'primitive' and I have the need to edit and finetune the parts with another notation programme. Perhaps an issue for a next version (or improve the part editing capabilities of Notion...)
joswyl@telenet.be

Postby edute53 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:58 pm

It appears this has not yet been solved.
edute53

Postby mrarnesen » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:12 pm

edute53 wrote:It appears this has not yet been solved.

Thats right, I have the same problem. Also the dots in the lyrics dissapears.
Logic Pro 9, Kontakt 5, Notion 4, Requiem Light, Mercury Symphonic Boychoir, Emotional Piano, Miroslav Philharmonik.
mrarnesen

Postby tubatimberinger » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:53 pm

Same when exporting to Sibelius as Finale; no beams. I always have to go back and re-enter the time-sigs. Which can be a pain when the music has lots of mixed meter. But it's a relatively easy fix. Just takes a minute.

-t
tubatimberinger

Return to NOTION