Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Notion3 & GPO4

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Notion3 & GPO4

Postby ajoe » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:14 pm

I'm a little confused about Notion3 and Garritan GPO4 (Aria).

The N3 manual indicates that GPO (Aria) is already supported and the preset is built-in, but the GPO instrument choices from within N3 look nothing like the choices from within Aria. For example, N3 just gives me an option for "Piano" but in Aria, I have the choice of 4 pianos.

Am I missing something?
ajoe

Re: Notion3 & GPO4

Postby pcartwright » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:32 pm

ajoe wrote:I'm a little confused about Notion3 and Garritan GPO4 (Aria).

The N3 manual indicates that GPO (Aria) is already supported and the preset is built-in, but the GPO instrument choices from within N3 look nothing like the choices from within Aria. For example, N3 just gives me an option for "Piano" but in Aria, I have the choice of 4 pianos.

Am I missing something?

I'm looking through the forums for an answer to the same question. An answer to this question would be much appreciated.
pcartwright

Postby pcartwright » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:58 pm

Ahhh... I realized that if you click on the track name in the mixer, the VSTi menu will pop up. You can change to whichever version of a particular instrument you want (or create groups of instuments for a single staff - i.e. add solo strings to section strings) in the ARIA player by clicking on the instrument's track.
pcartwright

Postby ajoe » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:08 pm

pcartwright wrote:I realized that if you click on the track name in the mixer, the VSTi menu will pop up....

Thanks, I hadn't found that.

Good to know, but not as handy if there was just one more level of menu selection for instruments.
ajoe

Postby pcartwright » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:59 pm

ajoe wrote:Good to know, but not as handy if there was just one more level of menu selection for instruments.

True, but it seems really convenient for ensemble building. All you have to do is add instruments and change the MIDI input to port 1.
pcartwright

Return to NOTION