Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Build 250 is out !

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Build 250 is out !

Postby astinov » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:42 pm

Hey everyone,

Build 250 is up. Lots of cool new things - expansion sounds are finally here ! Also, those of you who are EWQL users would be pleasantly surprised to see that we now have included section presets - strings, winds, brass, percussion, solo strings and ens brass and ens winds to your EWQL Symphonic Orchestra presets collection, which will finally allow you to build a full orchestra. Not to mention that now all articulations from the MasterKS are now supported through techniques in the palette or through express Entry (Hit " and just typing it in). Tutorials will follow.

Speaking of full scores, we have also included Full orchestra templates for EWQL and VSL SE. The VSL templates are empty, because you will use the .fxp to load as many instruments as you need (check the SLE for VSL tutorials) and the EWQL Full orchestra is quite a demanding template, so it's for those of you with powerful machines.

Like I said, lots of new things - for the complete list go here: http://forum.notionmusic.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=313

Thanks,

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Re: Build 250 is out !

Postby pcartwright » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:36 pm

Awesome! :D
pcartwright

Postby fabiolcati » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:19 pm

The most appreciated 250's improvement: making pcartwright using smiles in a post!

Jokes apart, great job, Lubo, thank you.

Tested played tecniques on timpani: hard and soft mallets, laissez vibrer, secco (with staccato sign): wonderful!

Just, auto-upgrade doesn't work, manual download required.

Goodnight (I'm not that sure I'll sleep tonight!)
Fabio
Arrigo Beyle - Milanese - Lived, wrote, loved - - Stendhal
Being italian is a full-time job - - B. Severgnini
fabiolcati

Postby jazzalien » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:18 pm

Guitar pre-bends are STILL NOT YET working correctly. Sorry, but this is the fifth update.

In build 239 were some Guitar-fixes:
4. Guitar bends, pre-bends and tremolo marks playback optimizations and fixes

Who is checking the results at NOTION? Simple enter a note on a guitar staff, place a pre-bend symbol on it, press the play button and hear the sound...

I have made a Topic, Replys and a Bug Report about it. It is difficult.

PLEASE fix this bug finally!

Thanks
jazzalien

A Little GPO Love Please

Postby pcartwright » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:35 pm

So I was pumped to see the new update (I was really excited to see the expansion sounds, and I still am), but when I pulled up my GPO tracks, the "instrument technique" tab labeled "GPO Techniques" had nothing... just a label showing "no specific techniques."

Ironically, the VSTi has more usable techniques than the GPO techniques tab. Ideas anyone? I'll go ahead and post this as a bug report, but if anyone has a fix I'd appreciate it.
pcartwright

Postby pcartwright » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:01 am

jazzalien wrote:Guitar pre-bends are STILL NOT YET working correctly. Sorry, but this is the fifth update.

Have you tried adjusting the pre-bend length? There's an option to drag the actual slope of the pre bend (so it's actually a really fast bend). I know this probably isn't what you're going for, but it seems to do the trick.
Attachments
PreBend.jpg
PreBend.jpg (20.24 KiB) Viewed 14041 times
pcartwright

Postby ccmusicman » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:48 am

Oh man, I'm excited!

I got the FULL EWQLSO Template to load without hassles. The only problem is the 3, 6, and 4 instrument patches (3 flute, 3 clarinet, 6 horn, 4 trumpet, etc.) doesn't load/play. Not sure what the issue is.

But that's not a terribly big deal! I'm super excited.

Thanks guys!

Rob
ccmusicman

Postby jazzalien » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:58 am

Hi pcartwright,

pcartwright wrote:Have you tried adjusting the pre-bend length? There's an option to drag the actual slope of the pre bend (so it's actually a really fast bend). I know this probably isn't what you're going for, but it seems to do the trick.

yes, I have. But this is not the answer. In build 241 NOTION has fixed most problems in Guitar-Staff, but not all. Here is my older Topic about this:

http://forum.notionmusic.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=587

I am a Guitar-Teacher and I have many Lead-Guitar-Scores made with PROGRESSION (with pre-bends and fast bends). It's frustrating to wait so long (I'm a first time N3 user) for a fix.

Best regards
jazzalien

Postby Erufailon » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:03 am

IS there a difference between the lite and the full ewql preset besides that the lite one doesn't load the sections?
Other than that, all that's needed is support for the DXF patches now, and it would be perfect in supporting EWQLSO. :)
Erufailon

Postby astinov » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:00 am

Hey guys,

The Lite EWQL Template should not load the section patches (3 flutes, 3 trumpets etc..) However, (and thats a big however) They are still there in the PLAY instance. If you want to enable them, simply clik the LOAD button in PLAY for them to load.

Hope that helps.

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Next

Return to NOTION