Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Question about EW Gypsy

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Question about EW Gypsy

Postby Matthew » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:31 am

EW has a 50% off sale right now till January 15th. I have always wanted to buy Gypsy. I know I will have to build custom rules. I just am a little apprehensive since I can not find anyone online who has done this yet for Gypsy in Notion 4 (or Notion 3). If I can get some encouragement I will buy it and post the custom rules on the board. Should I go for it?

Thanks,
Matthew
Matthew

Re: Question about EW Gypsy

Postby Admin » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:42 am

Hi Matthew,

Currently, there are no custom rules for Gypsy. It can be done and there will be some updates to the way that custom rules will be able to be written later this year. But, I am aprehensive of telling you to work with Play in general because there are issues that we keep having with that interface. Namely, currently, once a Notion score has been saved, Play only receives on channel 2 or OMNI. Not sure why this is happening, but it is limiting the development we will be doing with Play. (It is not this issue alone that is causing us to make this decision, but rather a host of issues that are continuously fixed and subsequently, new issues are introduced.

Proceed at your own risk.

Regards,

-Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Postby wcreed51 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:05 pm

That's not a problem I've ever had on the PC. Is it perhaps just a problem on the MAC ?

Matthew, an alternative to custom rules would be to place the keyswitch notes on a separate staff, which you then hide.
Bill Reed
Notion 4, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2011/14, Overture 4, Cubase 7.5
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
wcreed51

Postby Admin » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:55 am

That is right Bill, and it works, but if you know how to write custom rules, it works better because key switches written in time have to be triggered to get the proper playback. When you are starting in the middle of the score, you must either have the key switches written in for each beat that is written in the actual part, or you must always start behind the key switches that you are wanting to audition. So, it is an applicable method and I commend you for using it.

But, like I said, there are also some "ease of use" developments happening that are going to make custom rules much more user friendly.

To me, that is exciting…

Regards,

Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Postby wcreed51 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:56 am

That's exciting to me too!
Bill Reed
Notion 4, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2011/14, Overture 4, Cubase 7.5
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626