Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Notion 3 blows the competition away!

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Notion 3 blows the competition away!

Postby angstycrayon » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:59 pm

I'm loving it!

I was using Finale 2007 (That's all I could afford) since Finale 2010 is £330 and Sibelius 6 £500 whereas Notion clocks in at £173. That's within my price range! Finally! A music notation program I can actually afford!

I'm adoring the program so far. Everything about it is brilliant. It blows the competition away!

http://thrutormentedeyes.com/music Check out my music I composed with it. (They're crap though)
angstycrayon

Re: Notion 3 blows the competition away!

Postby DrH » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:36 pm

Angst,

Nice site, and to paraphase Sondheim's "Move On": Let it come from you, then it isn't crap! :-)

Quick question:

Where did you get the playback widgets? They are just like the ones Notion uses here for its expansion kit demoe, and I would love to include similar playbacks on my own site.

Thanks!

DrH
DrH

Postby angstycrayon » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:47 am

They're from Word Press. I don't know anything else other than that. I'm not very technical minded.

Sorry. :)
angstycrayon

Postby posssu » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:15 pm

I'm having the same feelings. I crossgraded to Notion and even though it doesn't have all the possible tweaks previous software had (yet), it has much other really cool stuff. All the conducting possibilities, ReWire, midi programming... I found it really easy to learn and with the keyboard shortcuts it becomes really powerful to notate. And without even having any effort, Notion automatically creates really beautiful scores! And all the zooming functionality... heh, I don't know where to stop.

Good work guys!
Film Composer - www.juhanalehtiniemi.com
My latest project: Our first indie pop -single, produced in Ableton Live, available also on iTunes and Amazon
Mac Pro 6-core 3.33GHz
posssu

Return to NOTION