Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Problem adding new staff on build 239

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Problem adding new staff on build 239

Postby gfcalvi » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:22 am

Hi,
I'm using a lot of Kontakt VST; starting with build 239 I've noticed a strange behaviour.
As i do one of the following:
- add a new staff (normal one) with VST (Kontakt) associated or
- shift+I on an existing staff, change instrument and add the new instrument to the score
it results in Notion relaunching all the existing instances of kontakt and checking samples (well... I guess it does that... actually I only see kontakt loading mask appearing and disappearing for every kontakt instance).

This is not a problem if you are using few staff in the score; unfortunately I have 25 staff in the template (1.2 gb memory allocated by kontakt server) and it tooks like 10 minutes to check everything.
This is acceptable at the opening, but if you need to add a staff or change an instrument, 10 minutes waiting in the middle of the workflow is a pain in the neck.

I'm on a Mac with Snow Leopard. The problem exist both with kontakt 3.5 and 4. Not checked with other plugs.... if needed I can check with EWQLSO Play Gold.

Please let me know if there is a workaround or a configuration parameter to fix this.

Thank in advance
GF
gfcalvi

Re: Problem adding new staff on build 239

Postby Novatlan » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:38 am

Kontakt sometimes does this with me in Logic 9. So far I have not experienced it in Notion, but the issue exists.
Maybe you could ask in the Native Instruments forum.
Do not care for critics. Noone ever raised a statue to a critic (Jean Sibelius)
Riding is like nuts and bolts: If the rider's nuts, the horse bolts (Nicholas Evans)
www.demo.novatlan-sound.de
Novatlan

Postby gfcalvi » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:05 am

Hi,
Notion had a different behaviour before build 239, so I don't think the problem is Kontakt....
Anyway I'll check with Play too.

Cheers
GF
gfcalvi

Postby posssu » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:27 am

I've bugreported this...

It also happens if you rename any track, move any track to a new position... like you said, it just isn't any good with a set with 20 tracks. All this with a single name change.
Film Composer - www.juhanalehtiniemi.com
My latest project: Our first indie pop -single, produced in Ableton Live, available also on iTunes and Amazon
Mac Pro 6-core 3.33GHz
posssu

Postby astinov » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:52 pm

Hi posssu,

If I'm understanding you correctly, then this issue is addressed in the next update.

Regards,

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Postby gfcalvi » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:59 pm

Hi,
is there any forecast on next update release date ?

Thanks
GF
gfcalvi

Postby astinov » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:55 pm

This is now fixed in build 241

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Return to NOTION