Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Notion2 Sounds Not Loading

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Notion2 Sounds Not Loading

Postby alexg » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:21 am

Hi,

When I add N2 sounds to my score e.g. sound effects, they play back only with a piano sound. It appears that the sounds are not being loaded and the piano is acting as a substitute. I've installed the N2 sounds (disk 2) and it resides in directory c:\program files\notion3\sounds\n2. Is there anything else I need to do?

Regards,
Alex
alexg

Re: Notion2 Sounds Not Loading

Postby Mister HU » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:11 am

Hi. Have you checked where Notion is getting its samples from? Go to Preferences - Audio - Samples Folder and see what path it is mapped to.

You may also need to "tell" your score, instrument by instrument, to use the Notion 2 sounds and not Notion 3 sounds. See the User guide, page 9.9. for example. If that doesn't help, I suggest you contact customer service.
Mister HU

Postby alexg » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:02 am

In Preferences>Audio I have the directory set to c:\program files\notion3\sounds. Within this folder are the sub-folders "bundled" and "N2".

I can select the N2 sound and add it to my score but it plays back as a piano sound e.g. all of the sounds from the Sound Effects do this.
alexg

Postby Mister HU » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:00 pm

Sound Effects? What are Sound Effects? Was that a Notion 2 expansion kit that you bought? If so, not all the expansion kits have been converted to be playable in Notion 3, but they are working on it.

Either way, it sounds like you should contact Tech Support. They're usually pretty good at getting back to you by email.
Mister HU

Postby alexg » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:52 pm

When I select the N2 sounds there is a tab called Sound Effects. Perhaps this is a placeholder for an expansion pack (which I do not have). This could be my problem.
alexg

Postby Mister HU » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:21 pm

Yes, I opened up Notion 2 and looked at what was available. There was a listing of "instruments" that basically seemed like a bunch of sound effects, eg. lion roar, but only TWO of them were highlighted as actually being playable in Notion 2. The rest were put there as a future expansion, which I guess never happened.

So now that you're in Notion 3, those old sounds are even more irrelevant.
Mister HU

Return to NOTION