Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

arpeggiated articulation not working

arpeggiated articulation not working

Postby Jaws75 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:14 pm

Hi, the vertical wavy line articulation not implementing, just plays it stacked. i tried with harp...oh but of course it works when you press the audio speaker audition button! why the tease? blooming useless. :x
Jaws75

Re: arpeggiated articulation not working

Postby Jaws75 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:56 am

bump?
Jaws75

Postby thorrild » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:44 am

I didn't quite understand the question the first time you posted. What tease are you talking about? Arpeggios work as expected for me, except if they are applied to the downbeat of the very first bar of a score.

Best wishes,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Postby Jaws75 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:03 am

Hi,

Your right it does work! thanks...how could i be so stupid to think that it should work on the 1st beat of the bar!!
Everybody knows that arpeggios cannot be played on the 1st beat of the bar!!! :D

Sorry but issues like these are unforgivable and embarrassing. They should really sort these out.

Now i dont think its a good idea to update to os 7...who knows whats going to happen!

But yes thank you i'm happy it kinda does work.
Jaws75

Postby Wawoodman » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:12 pm

Why not add an empty bar at the beginning of the piece? Thorrild said there is a problem with the first beat of the first measure, not the first beat of every measure.

FWIW, this is a workaround in Finale, as well. Evidently, complex articulations take a beat or two to correctly function in playback; to "catch up," so to speak. That blank space at the front helps it along.

If you are going to print your score, simply duplicate it without the blank measure.
Wawoodman

Postby Jaws75 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:07 am

thanks for that.
There is obviously a problem with ipad 2 performance because i have many issues at different bars. Very intermittent.

It seems im the only one using an ipad 2 here. Would help to know what you guys use.

If i start a new piece with a few bars, yes it all functions rather well when if you stick to 4 instruments...use anymore up to 12-16and the whole thing starts to fold and is unpredictable when entering articulations.

This is a performance issue rather than bugs.
Jaws75

Postby Wawoodman » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:32 pm

I use the Retina Display model, that followed the 2, but wasn't called the 3.
Wawoodman

Postby thorrild » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:06 pm

I am on an iPad 4 which replaced my iPad 2 after less than a year, specifically because I wanted better Notion performance. Twice the RAM means better polyphony and greater overall stability, plus it has a speedier processor. Who knows, maybe if you start saving your pennies now, you may become the happy owner of a shiny, new iPad 5 in a month or so, if the rumors are true...

Best wishes,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Postby cupidsrose » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:36 am

Hi, everybody, I am a new friend.
cupidsrose

Postby Jaws75 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:51 am

so it looks like i'll be getting the ipad thin!! have to decide mini or large...This should have double the ram of the ipad 4 plus it has a much better processor A7. Anyone else??
Jaws75

Next

Return to Notion for iPad