Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Express Entry not working

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Express Entry not working

Postby funkmasterbecks » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:43 pm

Hello again,

I can't get the "Express Entry" tool to work. I'm on a German keyboard and hitting the "single quotation mark"-key brings up the "Raised Sharp" and "Lowered Sharp" tools. According to the Shortcuts PDF document, the "Raised Sharp" and "Lowered Sharp" don't have any shortcuts assigned though, so what happened to the Express Entry? Did the shortcut change from V.3 to V.4?

I doubt that it is a conflict with my German keyboard, as I already tried changing it to a US-Layout and it didn't change anything.

Cheers,

Will
funkmasterbecks

Re: Express Entry not working

Postby wcreed51 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:09 pm

When you type the single quote it will bring up whatever the last express entry that was used. Just type the new one and it will change to that.
Bill Reed
Notion 4, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2011/14, Overture 4, Cubase 7.5
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
wcreed51

Postby funkmasterbecks » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:20 pm

As said, the only tool it brings up, is the described sharp tool. Typing anything after hitting the single quotation key, doesn't show any express entry but changes the tool.
funkmasterbecks

Postby Admin » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:48 am

By raised sharp and lowered sharp I am assuming that you mean that you are wanting to work with quarter tones. To access quarter tones you need to either use the palette, or you can use the quick keys, "Shift + #" for a Raised Sharp, or "Shift + 2" for a raised flat.

The express entry tools are for use with articulations, techniques and instrumentation usages like hard mallets, vibrato, pizzicato and the like.

-Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Postby funkmasterbecks » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:48 am

Here's the whole problem

The single quote character isn't directly accessible on a German keyboard layout (link).
You access it via the command ALT-# and that's the whole reason why I kept getting to the sharp tools:

On a US keyboard layout, the single quote character is mapped where the character "Ä" lies on a German keyboard layout, and is accessible by a single key press: the "single quote key".

If I change the default German keyboard layout in my system to a US one, then I can access the express entry tool by pressing the "Ä" key on my German physical keyboard.

So either you expect you users to change their system keyboard layout manually every time they use Notion - as Adobe does -, or you are kind enough to implement a possibility to modify the shortcuts mapping, so people with international keyboards can change problematic keys/shortcuts on their own.
funkmasterbecks

Postby Admin » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:00 pm

Hi again,

I see what you are talking about. The ability to edit shortcuts is not something that is currently available, but we are looking to address it in the next version of Notion.

Regards,

-Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Return to NOTION