Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

cannot hear metronome's click and mooore issues

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

cannot hear metronome's click and mooore issues

Postby piotr979 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:46 am

Hi,
I have a issue with metronome as I don't hear clicking. I press record and nothing happens, no metronome's sound. How to set it? I couldn't find any option or settings.

Also when I click on Step Time MIDI record's button nothing happens. Is it not working ???

and where is option of quantization while recording and after?????

I'm a little bit confused but It looks that some options from Notion 2 just disappeared!!!

help please!!!
piotr979

Re: cannot hear metronome's click and mooore issues

Postby chesshcat » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:30 pm

yeah, i'm trying to figure out if there is any quantisation too as i've done some basic real-time recording in 4/4 at 90bmp and the results are not even close!

please could someone offer any advice?

thank you!
chesshcat

Postby astinov » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:38 pm

Hello there,

We've said in a number of threads now that we're working on optimizing MIDI import and real-time MIDI recording. Please feel free to browse around regarding this.

As far as the metronome count-off, for now, just start your recording a number of bars (as many as you'd like the count-off to be) earlier. You can start recording without entering notes, by hitting spacebar after you arm the record button. We also have it as a feature request.

Hope this helps,

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Postby piotr979 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:36 pm

Hello again,

actually my main issue is I cannot hear metronome sound while I'm recording. I can hear all sounds in Notion except any metronome's tick or whatever it should be. Am I only one affected by this? I use Mackie spike interface with Asio4all drivers, but I've never had similar issue with any different music software for example: Sonar 8.5 or my favourite Notion2. Any ideas?

Cheers,
Piotr979
piotr979

Postby astinov » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:08 pm

Hi piotr979,

This is indeed strange, its the first time I hear about a problem like this. Can you hear all the rest of the instruments fine? Also, the metronome is not sounding in Step Time (because step time is tempo independend) but only on Real Time (the red circle button) mode. Can you confirm that you are in the right mode and let me know?

Thanks

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Postby piotr979 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:53 am

Hi,
I've just checked it again, and definitely there is no sound of the metronome. when I click red round button ("record") nothing happens (no sound, marker is in same position) till I press any button of my midi keyboard. marker is moving, but no sound of metronome (of course I can hear what I'm recording). I change drivers from Asio to Direct Sound, but it didn't help at all.

dont know what to do....
piotr979

Re: cannot hear metronome's click and mooore issue

Postby Novatlan » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:36 pm

I suppose you are on Windows?
If I recall correctly there is some obscure preference in system preferences where you can choose MIDI devices. Maybe there's something wrong there?
I do not use Windows, so I really have no idea, but I once had a similar thing at university. Some preference in the system preferences made it right.
Do not care for critics. Noone ever raised a statue to a critic (Jean Sibelius)
Riding is like nuts and bolts: If the rider's nuts, the horse bolts (Nicholas Evans)
www.demo.novatlan-sound.de
Novatlan

Metronome

Postby achambily » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:28 am

I have activated the preroll option (2 bars).
Each time I start recording I don't hear the metronome immediately (several beats of the first bar are missing).
BTW, is there a way to change the sounds for the metronome ? (I find that low and high beats are too similar)
Notion, Cubase 7, EWQLSO Gold, VSL SE
Win7 x64, I7 Dell studio laptop, 8GB RAM
M-Audio FTP
M-Audio KeyStudio 25
Clavinova CLP 811
Sennheiser e840
Sennheiser HD280 Pro
Yamaha HS50M

http://chambily.com/
http://soundcloud.com/axel-casadesus/sets
achambily

Re: Metronome

Postby Zblogny » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:34 am

I did exactly the same observation.
It happens only on first start of recording.
Zblogny

Re: Metronome

Postby achambily » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:32 am

For my own, it happens each time I start recording, not depending on the place I am in the score :(

BTW, I noticed a very strange thing : velocities are not recorded !
Notion, Cubase 7, EWQLSO Gold, VSL SE
Win7 x64, I7 Dell studio laptop, 8GB RAM
M-Audio FTP
M-Audio KeyStudio 25
Clavinova CLP 811
Sennheiser e840
Sennheiser HD280 Pro
Yamaha HS50M

http://chambily.com/
http://soundcloud.com/axel-casadesus/sets
achambily

Next