Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Notion 4 - Indent first system in score and/or in the parts?

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Notion 4 - Indent first system in score and/or in the parts?

Postby dhbailey » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:14 am

How do I indent the first system in the score and/or in the parts? I did a search of the forum and only found one thread from back in 2010, which seemed to say this wasn't possible. I'm hopeful that it has been made possible in the interim because it's an important issue for proper layout of the score and the parts.

Am I missing something?
dhbailey

Re: Notion 4 - Indent first system in score and/or in the pa

Postby thorrild » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:26 am

Hi dhbailey,

Here's a way to indent the first line of a score or part:

1. In Score>Full Score Options (or Parts Options), make sure staff names are showing on the first staff.
2. Change the instrument name(s) from whatever it is to a number of spaces of your choosing.

In the two screen shots, I created a basic staff and changed its name from "Part" to seven spaces.

Best wishes,
Thorrild

Indent1.tiff
Indent1.tiff (10.71 KiB) Viewed 5561 times
Indent2.tiff
Indent2.tiff (10.52 KiB) Viewed 5561 times
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Postby dhbailey » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:23 am

I was thinking it would be something like that -- It would be so much easier if the Part Options included a single "Indent First Line" option.

Thank you for the suggestion!
dhbailey

Postby dhbailey » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:00 am

I just tried inserting spaces instead of characters for the staff name, and all that happens is I get about 2 spaces worth of indentation, even though I enter 20 space characters, and the Staff Name and Abbreviated Name both show that there are 20 spaces there. I've even tried alt-0160 to enter non-breaking spaces and still I don't get the indentation I would like.

This just seems strange because almost all the engraved music I've got has the first staff of a piece or a movement indented -- why wouldn't Notion be capable of such a standard music engraving practice?
dhbailey

Return to NOTION