Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Any Bundled Sounds Updated with Notion 4?

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Any Bundled Sounds Updated with Notion 4?

Postby BrundleFly » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:40 pm

Which, if any, bundled sample sounds have been added or updated with the release of Notion 4? I already have Notion 3 installed, and am trying to figure out whether I really need to download any of the sample content.

Is there maybe a particular .prox file or group of files that I can check to know if I have the latest content?
BrundleFly

Re: Any Bundled Sounds Updated with Notion 4?

Postby BrundleFly » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:12 pm

Re-discovered Help > Check for Sounds Updates. I guess that'll take care of it.
BrundleFly

Postby Surfwhammy » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:52 pm

BrundleFly wrote:Which, if any, bundled sample sounds have been added or updated with the release of Notion 4? I already have Notion 3 installed, and am trying to figure out whether I really need to download any of the sample content.

Is there maybe a particular .prox file or group of files that I can check to know if I have the latest content?

There are corrections and improvements in the Bundled Sounds for NOTION 4, so you need to download them, which you can verify by searching FORUM posts and finding the post by Notion Music which provides more detail on the improvements in the NOTION 4 Bundled Sounds . . .

Also, it makes sense to do a backup of your NOTION 3 Bundled Sounds before doing any new updates . . .

Lots of FUN! :)
The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
Surfwhammy

Postby BrundleFly » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:05 am

Thanks for the input, whammy. I'll see if I can hunt up the referenced posts. In the mean time, I think I have everything updated, but a larger issue has cropped up that Notion4 x64 can't see the samples in the Notion3 installation path, though the path for the samples folder in preferences reads the same as in Notion 3.

I have a request into Tech Support, but suggestions are welcome. This is under Win7. Notion4 doesn't find any sound files for any score I open, including demos.

Do I need to re-install all of the sounds with Notion 4 running? Or is there a registration file I can copy from the Notion3 installation to Notion4? I would have thought Notion 4 would automatically inherit everything from Notion3.

In connection with this, I thought it was a little odd that the installer offered to copy the Expansion sounds from Notion3 to Notion4, but nothing else. Why not just reference everything in the Notion3 path?
BrundleFly

Postby Surfwhammy » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:18 am

These are two of the relevant topics for NOTION 3 and NOTION 4 Bundled Sounds . . .

How to change location of bundled sounds (Notion Music FORUM)

Re: Notion 4 Ship Date (Notion Music FORUM)

THOUGHTS

On the 2.8-GHz 8-core Mac Pro with 20GB of memory running Mac OS X 10.8.2 (Mountain Lion), I have NOTION 4 (64-bits) set to use the NOTION 4 Bundled Sounds found in the ". . . Notion 4/Sounds/" folder, which is entirely different from the ". . . NOTION 3/Sounds/" folder which is the path to use for NOTION 3 on the Mac . . .

The path will be a bit different on a Windows machine, of course, but it should be similar . . .

Lots of FUN! :)
The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
Surfwhammy

Postby BrundleFly » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:26 pm

Thanks, 'whammy. I got another reply from Mr. Messner, and it appears the bottom line is not just that the Notion 4 sounds are improved, but that the .prox file format has changed, and Notion4 cannot use the Notion3 bundled sounds.

Notion3 upgraders MUST install the new bundle.

Just thought I'd state that explicitly for posterity, since it doesn't seem to be quite that explicit anywhere else that I've read.
BrundleFly

Return to NOTION