Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

VI

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

VI

Postby Cesare » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:25 am

Hi! I am on OS X 10.6.8. I've installed the new notion but it won't find any of the virtual instruments (Philharmonik, VSL etc). Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks in advance,
Cesare
Cesare

Re: VI

Postby Cesare » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:43 am

Ok, my fault: instruments need to be enabled, and only 64 bit instruments will be enabled in the new versions. So for me it is only VSL SE.

However, I encounter the two following problems:
1) some instruments cannot be selected as the menu partly disappear under the top of the Notion window frame
2) Even when I select a SE instruments, it does not display articulations...

Am I doing something worng?
Thanks a lot,
Cesare
Cesare

Postby notionlive » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:19 pm

HI Cesare,

The fact that Vienna is not displaying the articulations is a Vienna bug. I put the articulations in by hand and saved them and they seem to disappear. The best way to view the articulations is to set VI or VI Pro to the advanced view. From there you can look at the slots and you will be able to view exactly what the Patch is playing. Other than that, experiment with articulations and see where they go. And, wait for Vienna to fix the bug, which they are usually pretty good about doing.
notionlive

Postby Cesare » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:30 pm

But why do I see them if I choose one of the Notion 3 SE presets?
Cesare

Postby notionlive » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:06 pm

The text techniques show up on my machine. What build of Vienna are you using?

Also, to which folder are you pointing your Custom Folder in the Directory Manager of VSL? This needs to be set.

1. Go to: Vienna Instruments or Vienna Instruments Pro Folder in Applications
2. Open the Directory Manager
3. At the bottom right portion of the Directory Manager, there is a Custom Folder button. Press it and set it to match the location of the Downloaded Custom Presets folder off of the Notion Downloads "Other" page, found here:

http://www.notionmusic.com/support/downloads.html

This might resolve your issue.

-Josh
notionlive

Postby wcreed51 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:16 pm

Josh, is this something you're working on?

The answer you gave makes no sense. It's the entry palette in Notion that shows no N4 VSL techniques, not the VI player. N3 VSL techniques show up, so it can hardly be a VSL issue.

In short, there is no way to enter "text" techniques like Pizz , Sul Pont, etc when using the new SE presets.

Please let us know what's being done.
Bill Reed
Notion 4, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2011/14, Overture 4, Cubase 7.5
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
wcreed51

Postby dshertz » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:42 pm

I'm having the same issue and do not see the downloads as a fix. Are we missing a rules_notion4.pdef file?
Notion 4, VSL SE, LASS, BBB, Symphobia, Ivory, Real Guitar, CineSamples Brass and Winds
Win 7, I7 3770-3.4GHz, Asus P8Z77-V, 16Gb, PreSonus Firebox
dshertz

Return to NOTION