Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Newbie Questions

Newbie Questions

Postby Dickford » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:33 pm

Greetings, new guy here.

I'm getting up and running with Notion for iPad and look forward to complaining with the rest of the new users....
Hopefully I can integrate this into my workflow and catch up on my writing responsibilities for pageantry.
So, a starter question:
How do you add multiple notes, or a chord stack?
I searched and couldn't find a mention of a soloition anywhere.

Also, could anyone give a clear and concise way to delete multiple measures?
There were a few responses to this query, but they were all a bit...um odd. A lot needs to happen to simply delete a measure, really?

Spanks!

Dickie

Notion for iPad
Windows 7 PC
Sibelius 7
Virtual Drumline v2.5.5
Dickford

Re: Newbie Questions

Postby thorrild » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:04 am

Dickford,

To the left of the piano keyboard, there's a switch that toggles between Melody and Chord.

To delete measures: Place the cursor in the first bar to delete, then tap the Select tool. Adjust the blue rectangle by its handles so that it covers the region you want to delete. From the menu that appears above the blue, selected region, tap Cut. Selecting a region, especially in files with many instruments, can be tricky. Some experimentation is required; sometimes hiding some staves from view temporarily can help getting the selection rectangle to cooperate.

Best wishes,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Return to Notion for iPad