Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Merge Staffs

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Merge Staffs

Postby ConnieR » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:50 pm

Is there any way I can merge staffs in Notion3? I used to be able to in Notion 2, but I can't figure out how in 3. I would like to combine for example, Clarinets I and II. That's the standard way on most professional scores, that I've seen anyway.
The score setup in Notion 3 is driving me crazy. I thought it was a lot more straightforward and customizable in Notion 2.
ConnieR

Re: Merge Staffs

Postby ConnieR » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:47 pm

Can anyone help me with this please?
ConnieR

Postby kvapka » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:09 pm

You want merge two staff to one, or what you mean ''merge staff''? If you mean groups, then select the bar Cl. 1 and Cl.2 and click right mouse and choose something what you want from menu Staff Groups.
kvapka

Postby DaddyO » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:13 pm

I take it our friend means he want to literally "merge" staffs, not just group them.

For example, perhaps he has written Cl.1 and Cl.2 on separate staffs and now wants to combine them on one staff as separate voices. To me this would be quite useful and avoid a lot of tedioius switching between voices.

I myself am interested in this question, though I do not know the answer and figure that it is probably "no."

Postby gj28210 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:31 am

UPDATE: THERE IS A WORK-AROUND for the lack of Merge/Split in Notion3 (at least it worked for me)

MERGE: (1) insert a keyboard instrument (2) copy your staff A into the top staff of the keyboard
(3) copy staff B into the bottom staff of the keyboard
(4) export to a midi temporary work file (5) import this midi file - it will go into a new window
(6) in that window locate the keyboard tracks - DO NOT CONVERT TO NOTATION -
then select the one track and (7) Copy (I had to do it left to right)
(8) go back to your original window
(9) insert a new instrument and (10) Paste into that staff.

SPLIT: -works for separate voices- (1) assign separate instruments to each voice (2) export to midi (3) import
(4) copy each track back to staves in the original window.

> George Johnson
> Charlotte NC
gj28210

Return to NOTION