Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Notion3 & EWQLSO Gold techniques

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Notion3 & EWQLSO Gold techniques

Postby fzd » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:51 pm

Hello,

I'm a new user of Notion3. I want to make it run with EWQLSO Gold (Play version).
The techniques proposed for the instruments are always the same, regardless of the instrument : if I want to use brasses, for example, Notion 3 proposes me pizz., arco, etc... just the strings techniques.
Do you have the same problem, or is it because I use the gold version of EWQLSO ?

Thanks if you can help me.

François (fron France, so my English is very bad ;) )
Solo, Orchestral & Chamber Strings complete, Dimension Strings, Full instruments
EWQLSO & Choirs
2 x Mac Mavericks, RAM : 32 GB & 16 GB
Notion 4

http://www.francois-zawadzki-delissen.com
fzd

Re: Notion3 & EWQLSO Gold techniques

Postby pcartwright » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:56 pm

The same techniques are displayed for VSTis on the whole (that is to say, Notion doesn't filter techniques for particular instruments for EWQL, GPO, VSL, and Miroslav), so you'll see any relevant technique for EWQL brass, woodwind, string, etc grouped together on the same tab. That doesn't mean that every technique will have a change in the playback (as you mention, adding pizz to a trumpet doesn't make since). Just use the techniques that are designed for the instrument you are using and the playback should work fine.

By the way, I also am a EWQL Orchestra Gold user; Notion and EWQL Orchestra Gold work reasonably well together.

Does all that make sense?
pcartwright

Postby fzd » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:03 am

The problem is that I just have the strings techniques for all the instruments...
I have an other problem : now, when I want to download an EWQL instrument, a Notion3 popup shows "Preparing to load..." and stays at 0%, nothing happens...
How can I change the location of my EWQL Gold library in Notion 3, because it seems that it stays at 0% because no instrument is found.
Yesterday, I was able to download each instrument, but today EWQL is out ! :(
All the orthers libraries (GPO, Notion3) are OK.
Solo, Orchestral & Chamber Strings complete, Dimension Strings, Full instruments
EWQLSO & Choirs
Notion 4

fzd

Postby pcartwright » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:20 am

pcartwright

Postby fzd » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:35 am

I will do, for the moment I'm re-installing the EWQL Gold.
Thank you so much.
EWQLSO & Choirs
Notion 4

fzd

Postby fzd » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:28 pm

[/img]Second problem resolved : it was because of the location of the Play VST plugin !
Now, I have to resolve the instruments techniques.
Do you have the same ?
When I find the solution (if I find :shock: ), I will tell you, if someone has the same problem...
Attachments
notion3 ewql brass techniques.jpg
notion3 ewql brass techniques.jpg (196.29 KiB) Viewed 7136 times
EWQLSO & Choirs
Notion 4

fzd

Postby gestebu » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:12 am

I am evaluating the Demo of Notion 3. So far I've been very pleased at how intuitive everything seems to be. In fact, I ordered it and it's en route! I managed to download Synful Orchestra demo and get it to work with Notion 3. However, I see the same issue you explained. I choose Flute for an instrument and select its staff but all the VSTi Techniques listed are string techniques/articulations. Even when I select a string staff and apply a VSTi Technique (i.e. pizz) it doesn't affect the sound on playback. I hope this is something easily fixed or in the works as an enhancement. Btw, if you haven't checked out Synful, it has some great sounds!
gestebu

Return to NOTION