Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Listening back to my own performance...

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Listening back to my own performance...

Postby rammie » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:08 pm

Am I right that I am able to listen back to a performance that I have 'performed' using the 'Perform' button? I'm pretty new to NOTION and I have consulted all the books, but can't work out what it is that I'm doing wrong! Please help!
rammie

Re: Listening back to my own performance...

Postby Brian » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:30 pm

If you would like to record an NTempo performance in NOTION3, here is what you need to do.

1. Create an NTempo staff in your score and fill it with the desired note values.

2. In the transport bar, choose the icon that is second to last when going from left to right. It looks like a little microphone.

3. Trigger your performance as normal and it will be recorded. You can then save the performance, play it back, or edit the degree of change for each note.

Let me know if you are still having a problem.
Brian
NOTION Music Tech Support
866-398-2994
Brian

Postby rammie » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:42 pm

Works beautifully...many thanks! I'd seen this done at a recent conference but couldn't figure out how it was done. I'm a Music Teacher in a school and we've just loaded it onto our network...may our composition marks all hopefully go upwards now! Thank you!
rammie

Postby mkcsax » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:23 am

Hi there

I am trying to record breath marks after a pause (to break the held sample sound prior to commencing the next phrase) into a performance using an ntempo staff. I have tried recording using Q to manually direct the breaks, however this did not play back afterwards.

I also was unsuccessful entering a breath mark into the instrument score itself.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Matt
mkcsax

Return to NOTION