Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

INSTALLING NOTION 3

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

INSTALLING NOTION 3

Postby BLACKCROW » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:55 pm

Hi everyone , I just recieved my Notion 3 product from UPS today and I had a question before I install my DVD disk .

Do I need to install any updates to make my copy work correctly ? I'm guessing I install my DVD disk first and if there are any updates available for Notion 3 then I go ahead and install them .

Thanks ! Blackcrow
BLACKCROW

Re: INSTALLING NOTION 3

Postby wcreed51 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:24 pm

That's correct; install the DVD first. Notion checks for updates each time it starts.
Bill Reed
Notion 4, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2011/14, Overture 4, Cubase 7.5
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
wcreed51

Postby BLACKCROW » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:03 am

wcreed51 wrote:That's correct; install the DVD first. Notion checks for updates each time it starts.

Thanks getting ready to install now . Blackcrow
BLACKCROW

Postby Admin » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:08 am

Please Turn off your CAPS LOCK!!! No need for yelling......
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Installing Notion 3 - No caps !

Postby BLACKCROW » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:06 am

Admin wrote:Please Turn off your CAPS LOCK!!! No need for yelling......

Hey sorry about the large print on the subject line , must be that Tiger Blood in me ! LOL
To be honest with you I have always typed with large print in my subject line , don't worry I wasn't yelling at anyone on the forum it just my way of typing .
BLACKCROW

Re: Installing Notion 3 - No caps !

Postby Admin » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:26 am

BLACKCROW wrote:
Admin wrote:Please Turn off your CAPS LOCK!!! No need for yelling......

Hey sorry about the large print on the subject line , must be that Tiger Blood in me ! LOL
To be honest with you I have always typed with large print in my subject line , don't worry I wasn't yelling at anyone on the forum it just my way of typing .

Ha! Tiger Blood!! Good one....

All caps typing is probably more of a pet peeve of mine ;) but thanks for holding back on the all caps typing!!
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Installing Notion 3

Postby BLACKCROW » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:33 am

Hope my bold print doesn't affend anyone I just happen to see it better because I'm an old man . LOL

I installed my Notion 3 last night and its telling me its installed , I also registered it online and now I'm running the full running version .
But heres what I worried about , when I try out the DEMO songs like -Tchaikovsky -Chinese Dance - I get this little box that pops up telling me ( Glockenspial sound files not installed ) .

Did some thing not install correctly , I'm not sure because after I put in the first disk I started to install Notion 3 and the other software like ( CSR Hall Reverb ) ask me to install that and then IK Multimedia Amplitube X-Gear wanted me to install into my CakeWalk VST Pluggin folder .

I wasn't sure that was the correct folder to install in so I cancelled out of that and started installing Notion 3 .
After I installed Notion 3 I put back in the fist disk to try installing the other stuff I just talked about thinking maybe after installing Notion 3 the correct folders would be in place under Program files to install the other software .

I hope I installed everything correctly , I then installed the second disk . Now I'm wondering if I should uninstall everything and try reinstalling everything again , what do you think ??

Another question I have in Notion 3 I see some instruments highlighted that I can select after I have started a new song Staff to work with , am I missing some sound files for the rest of the instruments in the list because some of the instruments are not highlighted .

When I look in my add & remove seaction in my Windows XP I see ( Notion 3 - size 7,898.00 MB )
( CSR Hall - size - 10.97 MB ) and ( Amplitube X-Gear - size 125.00 MB )
Does this information sound right , I don't see any GB just MB after the nubers .
On the back of my box it tells me I have ( 10 GB's ) of improved and Enhanced Samples

If I have to uninstall everything what is the best way to uninstall so when I do try reinstalling everything reinstalls correctly ?

Sorry for the large ( Caps ) just an old habbit of mine , believe me I wasn't yelling as you put it . I'll try not to use large caps in my subject box the next time .
BLACKCROW

Return to NOTION