Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Is there an update around the corner?

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Is there an update around the corner?

Postby pcartwright » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:13 pm

There was a time there where updates and fixes were released fairly regularly (almost monthly). It's been a while, so I have to ask, is there an update in the not so distant future?
pcartwright

Re: Is there an update around the corner?

Postby achambily » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:39 pm

for my own, I'm surprised not to have very much answers to my (numerous, I agree !) questions...
it could be make me waiting as I haven't still received my copy...
Notion, Cubase 7, EWQLSO Gold, VSL SE
Win7 x64, I7 Dell studio laptop, 8GB RAM
M-Audio FTP
M-Audio KeyStudio 25
Clavinova CLP 811
Sennheiser e840
Sennheiser HD280 Pro
Yamaha HS50M

http://chambily.com/
http://soundcloud.com/axel-casadesus/sets
achambily

Postby wcreed51 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:38 pm

Notion is SO close to being great, but for me remains shelfware. I know all software companies tend to be tight lipped about when their next release is and what will be included in it, but I think it would be fair to tell us something.
Bill Reed
Notion 4, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2011/14, Overture 4, Cubase 7.5
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
wcreed51

Postby Francois2010 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:19 pm

wcreed51 wrote:[...] I think it would be fair to tell us something.

Totally agree. For example, it would be interesting to read what is being tested on a beta version.
I love Notion ! I love to compose !
Native langage french. Be patient with my English.
Francois2010

Postby Szurcio1 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:18 pm

It's getting suspiciously quiet re: updates and the future development of this software. What is it? Not enough sales to justify any further development? Maybe I'm a pessimist but I don't know how to interpret this total lack of info from the developers.
Szurcio1

Postby klushund » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:50 pm

Szurcio1 wrote:[..] Maybe I'm a pessimist but I don't know how to interpret this total lack of info from the developers.

It seems to me that there are no developers left. The last update was some joke around christmas...
So what is notion at the moment (in my personal opinion): a very good idea, a nice look, and a big pile of (mostly small) bugs that make it unhandy to use.
klushund

Postby pcartwright » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:50 pm

klushund wrote:So what is notion at the moment (in my personal opinion): a very good idea, a nice look, and a big pile of (mostly small) bugs that make it unhandy to use.

That's a little harsh, but I must agree that I would like to see some of the bugs fixed; some of these bugs have been present since the release.
pcartwright

Postby sepheritoh » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:51 am

klushund wrote:
Szurcio1 wrote: a very good idea, a nice look, and a big pile of (mostly small) bugs that make it unhandy to use.

I can not agree with that at all. Sure, there are bugs that I'd like to see get fixed, but what program today is without bugs?

I use Notion every day and find it very usefull as a composition tool. Will never be able to go back to the piano roll of a normal DAW to compose. Every bug is irritating, but has some work around.
sepheritoh

Postby Francois2010 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:05 am

sepheritoh wrote:
klushund wrote:
Szurcio1 wrote: a very good idea, a nice look, and a big pile of (mostly small) bugs that make it unhandy to use.

I can not agree with that at all. Sure, there are bugs that I'd like to see get fixed, but what program today is without bugs?

I use Notion every day and find it very usefull as a composition tool. Will never be able to go back to the piano roll of a normal DAW to compose. Every bug is irritating, but has some work around.

I totally agree with this view. I use N3 intensely since August 2010 and there are far fewer problems than in any other software I used for 10 years. Your view is very fair.
I love Notion ! I love to compose !
Native langage french. Be patient with my English.
Francois2010

Postby wglmb » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:33 pm

What? I can't think of any programme as buggy as Notion...
wglmb

Next

Return to NOTION