Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

A pre-sale question....

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

A pre-sale question....

Postby Debinani » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:23 pm

Hey all, I'm seriously considering purchasing Notion 3, but I have a few questions:

Up to this point, I've done all my work in Sonar, but I've found myself using the (really bad) score editor more and more as time goes on, and I recently saw an example of the awesome programming that went into the Notion EWQLSO Platinum template and would love to give it a try, but I'm concerned about workflow. If, for example, I produce a broad full-orchestra score in Notion, but then I want to add some things that I can only do in Sonar (such as EWQL Symphonic Choirs with WordBuilder), I know I could render audio out of Notion and bring that into Sonar, but what if I wanted the MIDI out? Would I get multiple MIDI tracks per staff in the export? If so, is there a reference so I'd know how to set up the Platinum template in Sonar so everything would match up on the other end? And if I get only one track per staff, am I correct in assuming that there would be no truly practical way to bring that into my DAW and have it sound the same without manually splitting out all the notes to separate tracks?

I know there's ReWire support, but I'm operating on x64.

Thanks for the advice!
Debinani

Re: A pre-sale question....

Postby astinov » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:49 pm

Hi Debinani,

The answer to your question is yes, you can export to a MIDI file and you will get separate MIDI tracks per instrument as well as all the keyswitch and controller data.

Thanks

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Postby Debinani » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:40 pm

astinov wrote:The answer to your question is yes, you can export to a MIDI file and you will get separate MIDI tracks per instrument as well as all the keyswitch and controller data.

That is wonderful news! So I assume there's some way of my knowing which Platinum instrument each track was mapped to so I can set up a matching template in Sonar?
Debinani

Postby astinov » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:45 pm

Debinani wrote:
astinov wrote:The answer to your question is yes, you can export to a MIDI file and you will get separate MIDI tracks per instrument as well as all the keyswitch and controller data.

That is wonderful news! So I assume there's some way of my knowing which Platinum instrument each track was mapped to so I can set up a matching template in Sonar?

The best way to do that would be to open up each instrument VSTi interface from NOTION, then save the VSTi preset as a template and use that template in Sonar when you setup your VSTs. It's the fastest and easiest way to transfer the template.
astinov

Return to NOTION