Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

About last update october 20 2010

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

About last update october 20 2010

Postby Francois2010 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:51 am

Hello,

I did the last update october 20 2010. I do not understand. Are the new instruments installed with the update? The message of the update refers to a web page. I followed the instructions:

To update your sounds appropriée Download the file below and follow instructions thesis:

To download and install year instrument file:
1. The Select tool you Would Like to use From the list below and save the file to a location is your computer (desktop Would Probably Be best)
2. After the download is Complete, navigate to Where You Saved The instrument.
3. Start NOTION3 and double click You Just Downloaded The instrument. This Will Move It To The Notion Sounds folder, so do not be Alarmed if it looks like your file Disappeared.
4. Your Instrument Is Now ready to use.

View message Notion3 shown here.

Thank you!
Attachments
couldnotbe.JPG
couldnotbe.JPG (15.57 KiB) Viewed 9344 times
I love Notion ! I love to compose !
Native langage french. Be patient with my English.
Francois2010

Re: About last update october 20 2010

Postby Admin » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:03 am

Francois2010 wrote:Hello,

I did the last update october 20 2010. I do not understand. Are the new instruments installed with the update? The message of the update refers to a web page. I followed the instructions:

To update your sounds appropriée Download the file below and follow instructions thesis:

To download and install year instrument file:
1. The Select tool you Would Like to use From the list below and save the file to a location is your computer (desktop Would Probably Be best)
2. After the download is Complete, navigate to Where You Saved The instrument.
3. Start NOTION3 and double click You Just Downloaded The instrument. This Will Move It To The Notion Sounds folder, so do not be Alarmed if it looks like your file Disappeared.
4. Your Instrument Is Now ready to use.

View message Notion3 shown here.

Thank you!

Did you have NOTION open and running before you double clicked the .prox file? You'll want to make sure the program is up and running so that it can place the sample update in the correct location.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Francois2010 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:11 am

Yes. I followed the instructions exactly.
Francois2010

Postby Admin » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:16 am

We're working on a fix.....we will have it up by this afternoon.

Sorry...
-Kyle
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Francois2010 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:18 am

Admin wrote:We're working on a fix.....we will have it up by this afternoon.

Sorry...
-Kyle

OK. Thank you! :)
Francois2010

Postby wcreed51 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:23 am

On my system, the existing sounds were installed as read only, so I have to change that before putting the updates in place.
Bill Reed
Notion 4, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2011/14, Overture 4, Cubase 7.5
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
wcreed51

Postby Francois2010 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:27 pm

wcreed51 wrote:On my system, the existing sounds were installed as read only, so I have to change that before putting the updates in place.

Same for me. But I think it's wrong. I wait for fix.

So? ==> 21:23 2010-10-20
Francois2010

Postby jayedgar » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:15 pm

I am having the same issue. Windows 7 x64.

I had an earlier build installed (not sure which one, perhaps a few months old), and received email about the updates. I installed Notion 3 build 280, and restarted the machine. I then downloaded the three updated, bundled instrument zips. Then unblocked the downloaded zip files, since that can cause issues on Vista and 7. Then unzipped all. Made sure no readonly was set on the prox files. Then started the updated Notion 3 and verified it was the new build280. Then double-clicked on the prox file, and got the following error...

The sound file 'Alto Sax.prox' could not be installed: boost::filesystem::remove: Access is denied

Seeing the access is denied error, I went into file properties, security tab, and enabled full control for "Everyone" user, which should give anything full access to it. Still had Notion 3 running, double-clicked the prox file again, and get the error.
jayedgar

Postby wglmb » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:26 am

The fix worked for me.
Just to check, you know it's the old prox files that you need to remove "read-only" from, not the new ones?
wglmb

Postby Francois2010 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:48 am

There is a message from Technical support on another post ==>

Brian wrote:Hello,

This is Brian from NOTION Music Technical Support. This post is in regards to the "Boost" error message that some people have been receiving when trying to install the downloaded sounds. Our developers are working on making this process easier for everyone but in the meantime, here are two workarounds that will allow you to install and use the new sound files.

1. Please highlight all of the downloaded sound files, right-click them, and choose "Copy." On Windows, go to C:\Program Files\NOTION 3\Sounds\Bundled, right-click inside of the folder and choose "Paste." When asked if you would like to over-write the files that are already in the folder, please choose to do so. On a Mac, the location that you want to copy your sound files to is Macintosh HD\Library\Application Support\Notion Music\Notion 3\Sounds\Bundled. IMPORTANT: After you have successfully placed the new samples into the correct location, please go to File>Preferences and click on the "audio" tab. Next, press the button that says "Choose...," navigate and single-click the "Sounds" folder, and press the select button (on Mac, you will be prompted for your OS password). You should then get a "locating samples" dialogue box and the program will load the new sounds.

2. On a Windows machine, you can go to c:\Program Files\NOTION 3, right-click the "NOTION 3" folder, and go to "Properties." You can then uncheck the "Read Only" box and press the "Apply" button. When prompted, choose to appy these settings to all files and subfolders. This will allow you to double-click a downloaded sound file and have it automatically install.

Thanks again to everyone for your patience. If you have any questions or need any further assistance, please feel free to contact me at support@notionmusic.com or give us a call at 866-398-2994.

Thanks,

Brian
Francois2010

Return to NOTION