Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Rewire problems on mac and Protools

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Rewire problems on mac and Protools

Postby fransmo » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:05 am

I want to use Notion as a plugin in protools. Nothing works so far and I have many questions. Miroslav works fine as a plugin/virtual instrument, but shall I use both Notion and Miroslav in PT or just Notion? I guess it´s only notion but I am not sure.
I own both finale and sibelius but have never been satisfied with their ways of interacting with sampleplayers like halion Symphonic orchestra.
I though Miroslav was better and bought Notion to have a Notation software that could integrate with Protools. I can´t get rewire to work at all with Notion, it shows up all right (rewire enable button is marked) but there the cooperation stops and the manual doesn´t go into any depths on how to go about it. I understand I should be able to run one software through the other (i.e. click go on PT and Notion goes too). Which one are you supposed to record on? Shall you be able to record into the score of both apps at once or what. Nothing works so far though. None of them runs when they are hooked up together.
In the preferences in N it say some 8000 samples while 512 in PT, so what is happening there I don´t know.

I would be very very glad if anyone else could share their way of working through this problem.

Setup: Notion SLE Miroslav, Digidesign 003rack/PT8.04/imac 2,4/2gb
/fransmo

I Use Digidesign 003rack/PT LE 8.4/imac 2,4/2Gb ram
fransmo

Re: Rewire problems on mac and Protools

Postby fransmo » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:27 pm

Seems it is working now. Something happened with the spdif-signal before evrytime when Notion was initializing I think. Now it seems ok! I´ll shout if the troubles are continuing.... / yours fransmo (problem solved for the moment...)

Hey wait a minute - New rewire problems & questions!!
I can enter notes by hand in N when in rewire mode and then have the score played through rewire from PT. I can record a midi track inPT BUT then I get no scorewriting in N, so how do I get play in notes into notion when in rewire mode??

It would truly be handy to be able to swich between hand writing and playing into N. BUT HOW?
fransmo

Return to NOTION