Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Shouldn't these play?

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Shouldn't these play?

Postby tubatimberinger » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:52 am

When I click on, for example, the "violin techniques" button, I see several special techniques I can choose, some are grayed out. I assume these are techniques that are either not implemented yet or which require additional expansions. Do I however, assume the inverse as well? If the techniques is click-able, does that mean it is an included sound in the library? If this is so, I have noticed this to not work 100% of the time. Thoughts?

tim
tubatimberinger

Re: Shouldn't these play?

Postby Admin » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:41 pm

The techniques that are "greyed out" are available with the expansion sounds. The rest of them should work. Try reloading the samples:

Mac - preferences>audio tab.....then make sure your samples are pointing to the correct location and select "choose"

PC - file>preferences>audio tab....then make sure your samples are pointing to the correct location and select "choose"

This should work. If it doesn't let us know here or contact tech support and we'll fix it for you.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby tubatimberinger » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:29 pm

My settings were/are:

C:\Program Files (x86)\NOTION 3\Sounds

I think that's the right place?

Violin solo for example. sul pont., col legno. and unmeasured tremolo are all techniques available (not grayed out). None sound any different from the other (pizz works fine, always has for all the strings, section and solo).

tim
tubatimberinger

Postby Rudi » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:17 pm

Hi Tim, the mentioned techniques only work with the string sections (expansion sounds), but are shown available with solo instruments too. Some techniques do not work with specific articulations (staccato i.e.). An official list in the manual would be helpful...
Rudi
Rudi

Postby GyorgyL » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:06 am

Hello, I have the same problem, Solo Violin technic includes Col Legno, but doesn't works ... :(
GyorgyL

Postby Admin » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:01 pm

Some of these techniques are available in the Expansion Sounds packs. Not all techniques are available through the Bundled Sound Kits. If they are grayed out, it means that you have not purchased the Expansion packs that these techniques are offered within.

-Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Postby GyorgyL » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:12 pm

"Some of these techniques are available in the Expansion Sounds packs. Not all techniques are available through the Bundled Sound Kits."
Sir, I bought :
Expansion Sounds #1: Violins
Expansion Sounds #2: Violas
Expansion Sounds #3: Cellos
Expansion Sounds #4: Basses
and couldn't have expanded string solo expressions ? Where are they ?
in solo violin stave page, only "con sordino" is greyed the others 7 articulations are black( sul pont, col legno ), but they didn't work ...
Why ?
Thank You
GG
GyorgyL

Postby Admin » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:32 am

There is not a Solo String Expansion pack. If you are trying to use Col Legno or Mutes on solo violin it works as a score marking not a playback function because we do not have samples for those techniques.

-Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Postby GyorgyL » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:55 am

Admin wrote:There is not a Solo String Expansion pack. If you are trying to use Col Legno or Mutes on solo violin it works as a score marking not a playback function because we do not have samples for those techniques.

-Admin

Thank You to make it clear, can we expect an update of such samples ? My goal in the near future is to get a laptop with my dear Notion programm and something to synchronize with a film, then I will don't need big samples collection and complicate and buggy daw anymore...
GyorgyL

Postby Admin » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:04 pm

These additional sounds are being looked into, but there is no time frame for release at this time.

-Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to NOTION