Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Unable to edit Notion3 file

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Unable to edit Notion3 file

Postby rkosick » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:29 pm

Greetings. Here is the scenario. I was working on a small (less than 160KB Notion file I had created. Used playback, edit, etc. numerous times. It is a simple file with one guitar staff, using Notion internal sounds. After editing and playing the song several times, all of a sudden, I can no longer edit it. The single staff does use two voices. Notion is not in Performance mode while attempting to edit it (at least the indicator is not lit). After closing/reopening the file, then finally restarting Notion 3, same problem. Saved the file as another filename...same problem. Exported the file to an XML, then imported that file, saved as a notion file (different name) and can edit that file. I did submit a help request, but thought I would pass along this symptom in case anyone else experiences it. There are some measures that exceed the notation allowance (i.e., more notes than 4/4), but does affect the 3rd incarnation of the song/file.

Basic system/application info:

Running on XP service Pack 2, 2 GB memory, lots of de-fragmented disk space, latest updates, etc. (except for SP 3), latest Notion update (3.1.266.0).

Thanks all,

Richard K.
rkosick

Re: Unable to edit Notion3 file

Postby Admin » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:58 am

This sounds a little strange....never heard of this happening. You may want to give tech support a call. I'm sure they can walk you through the issue.

-kyle
Admin
Site Admin

Return to NOTION