Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Rewire problem with Cubase Studio 5.5

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Rewire problem with Cubase Studio 5.5

Postby toh_anson » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:36 pm

Hi...I have justed installed Notion3 SLE GPO. I am currently using Cubase Studio 5.5. Somehow, Notion3 does not seem to recognise any rewire output i.e. can't run Cubase 5.5 as a slave to Notion3. I tried the other way round i.e. Cubase 5.5 as a host, no luck either as Cubase can't locate any rewire application from Notion3. Any idea how to resolve this?

Many thanks.
toh_anson

Re: Rewire problem with Cubase Studio 5.5

Postby toh_anson » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:21 am

Hi guys...Any one with any ideas on how to resolve this? Or at least get Notion to recognise Cubase?
toh_anson

Postby Brian » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:04 am

Hi,

This is Brian with NOTION Music Tech Support. I noticed this issue on the forum and wanted to give you a hand. First of all, Cubase will not run as a ReWire slave. It will only work as a ReWire host. Another problem is that ReWire will not currently work with 64 bit applications. If you are running a 64 bit version of Cubase, then it will not work. If you are running a 32 bit version of Cubase on a 64 bit OS, then you should be able to get ReWire to work. Not knowing what operating system you are running, I will give you two possible scenarios as to why it might not be working. I just wanted to add that NOTION 3 and NOTION SLE GPO are actually two different programs.

1. If you are running a Windows Operating System then please go to C:\Program Files (x86)\NOTION SLE - GPO and make sure that you have the NotionDevice.dll in that folder. If you do not, then please send me an email at support@notionmusic.com and I will email you a copy of the dll. This is where NOTION establishes the link for ReWire.

2. If you are on a Mac, then there could be a permissions problem with the ReWire folder that is preventing NOTION from dropping the right file to create the ReWire link. Please go to Macintosh HD\Library\Application Support\Propellerhead Software\ReWire and see if the NotionDevice.bundle alias is in that folder. If it is not, then you will have to ctrl click on the ReWire folder and go to "Get Info." Next, unlock the window so that you can make changes and make sure that your user profile has "Read & Write" access. Finally, open NOTION SLE and go to NOTION>Preferences and click on the "Audio" tab. Make sure that you have the box checked off to enable ReWire. Once you open and close the program, you should now have the NotionDevice.bundle file in this folder.

Let me know if this helps. Keep in mind, you want to make sure that you are using the latest version of the software. Here is a link where you can download the latest update. http://www.notionmusic.com/support/downloads.html Please feel free to shoot me an email anytime at support@notionmusic.com or give us a call at 866-398-2994.

Cheers,

Brian
Brian

Postby toh_anson » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:18 pm

Hi Brian,

Thanks a lot for the help. I am using Window Vista 32bit.

I suspect the problem lies with Cubase 5.5 update and not Notion. I reinstalled Cubase 5.0.1. and Cubase recognises Notion wia rewire. Not having any problem now for the time being.

Thanks again for the reply. Keep up the good work. Cheers.

Anson
toh_anson

Return to NOTION