Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Rules for Different Note Head

Discuss Tips, Tricks, & Shortcuts using NOTION Products

Rules for Different Note Head

Postby pcartwright » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:04 pm

Does anyone know if there's a way to assign specific rules to different noteheads> For example, a normal notehead may play based on one rule while an 'x' note head may play based on a different rule.
pcartwright

Re: Rules for Different Note Head

Postby BeanT » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:52 am

That would be amazing if anyone who know the right answer replies in this thread! Waiting forward!
BeanT

Postby pcartwright » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:12 pm

I don't think it's possible. The Notion manual indicates that different note shapes don't impact sound, so I take that to mean that there is no way to distinguish between note head shapes in a rules file. Perhaps I'm wrong, but it would be a useful feature.
pcartwright

Postby Henrymark » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:01 am

It will be good if there is any rule like that. I am waiting for it.
Henrymark

Postby SkylerShaye » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:41 pm

I am also searching the rules for the different Note Head. I think if this is possible then it is very helpful for us. I am also waiting for the rules.
SkylerShaye

Postby elerouxx » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:41 pm

I was also looking for this. There's nothing on the rules about note heads.

Not really a workaround, but in this case the special techniques (X01 to X20) are useful. You can mark a note with X01, and then check for it on the rules, and for example change the pitch of this note to a the right pitch for a HiHat.

The X01, X02 etc markings can be hidden so they don't print. It might seem tedious, but the workflow can be greatly improved if you put all the markings, already 'hidden', in a measure that acts as a 'palette' from which you copy the markings, then just go to the score, click on the 'Hihat' notes (which you probably set as X noteheads) and hit PASTE.

Nothing to do with noteheads tho - these are purely cosmetic and must be changed by hand.
elerouxx

Return to Tips & Tricks