Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Multimeasure rests

Multimeasure rests

Postby Hussinb » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:44 pm

Add me to the list of customers with buyer's remorse. I've been tring to figure out a way of creating multi-measure rests, but it seems that the software creators never heard of them! The printing feature is pretty useless also.
Hussinb

Re: Multimeasure rests

Postby choirguy » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:16 pm

I wouldn't lean so heavily on buyer's remorse. Notion is an amazing app which is getting better with each release. Give them time.

I think of Notion for the iPad, as it is, as a portable workspace, and thanks to MusicXML, I can export the final product (or import) to another program, such as Finale, MuseScore, Sibelius, or if you own it, Notion 3.

With that in mind, I don't get frustrated, and I take Notion as far as it will take me on the iPad, and then I move to another platform.

And although I really do support and cheer for the other notation software for the iPad as well (I think choice is a good thing), Notion has been remarkably stable for me, even when it can't do everything I want it to do.
choirguy

Re: Multimeasure rests

Postby trueblue » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:19 am

choirguy wrote:I wouldn't lean so heavily on buyer's remorse. Notion is an amazing app which is getting better with each release. Give them time.

I think of Notion for the iPad, as it is, as a portable workspace, and thanks to MusicXML, I can export the final product (or import) to another program, such as Finale, MuseScore, Sibelius, or if you own it, Notion 3.

With that in mind, I don't get frustrated, and I take Notion as far as it will take me on the iPad, and then I move to another platform.

And although I really do support and cheer for the other notation software for the iPad as well (I think choice is a good thing), Notion has been remarkably stable for me, even when it can't do everything I want it to do.

Very well said and I agree 100 %. I am constantly amazed at just how powerful, stable, and easy to use that Notion for the iPad is especially for such a new app.
trueblue

Return to Notion for iPad