Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

EW Lite Patches? Miroslav presets? Quick keys?

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

EW Lite Patches? Miroslav presets? Quick keys?

Postby solo1 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:14 pm

I can tell once I get this program working I am going to use it all the time, but for the life of me the simplest of things just don't work.

As soon as I apply an articulation to any of the new EW lite patches it stops playing (I can see that the keyswitches aren't being sent to Play from Notion but don't know why since they work if I send them from the keyboard.)

Miroslav presets still don't show up and even hitting the 'Escape' key to return to the pointer doesn't work.

Everything else I use on this and my second system (Cubase, Nuendo, Logic, Vienna Ensemble Pro, and numerous libraries and samplers) work fine. Gosh I even got along with Sibelius, but never really liked it.

Sorry just a rant but I'm trying to make this work. Guess I'll just watch for tips.
solo1

Re: EW Lite Patches? Miroslav presets? Quick keys?

Postby astinov » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:58 pm

Solo1,

Have you customized your plugin data folder in any way? It may have not updated properly. Do you by any chance have 2 rules files in your Rules folder? Just trying to see what may have gone wrong, it sounds like an update issue.

Let me know and I''ll get back to you.

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Postby solo1 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:32 pm

Lubo,

The only way I customized my folder before the update was to open each EW .notion preset, point it to the proper folder and save per your instructions on the forum.

The new lite patches were installed by the update and appear as they should in the folder and there is only one rules file in the rules folder and it was installed at the time of the update. I opened it and looked at it and it indeed has the full and lite patch information in it. So it's the correct rule file for the update.

It seems for some reason on my system any channel change or key switch information is not getting sent to EW Play or even Kontakt 3 for some reason (32 or Jbridged 64-bit.) Commands like p and fff and hairpins do, however, work.

Confusing and frustrating.

Thanks for your help.

Could this have anything to do with the fact that I installed Notion in my G:\Program File(x86) folder? I didn't really want to put 10gigs of samples on my C: drive.

Brian
solo1

Postby astinov » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:16 am

Hey Brian,

hmmm this is indeed weird. No, it shouldn't have anything to do with where you installed NOTION. Is it not working with the Lite patches or its not working with any EWQL presets at all? I'll PM you later with some ideas to try out.

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Postby solo1 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:25 am

No need for me to bother you at work. I can live without the Miroslav presets though I'd like to get the escape key thing working.

But one question, how can I take the EWQL patches that work within your program and open them in Vienna Ensemble and still have the articulation changes work?

It seems like whenever I do this whether using the full patches or the keyswitches, it just ignores any changes sent. So the sample never switches.

I want to do this so I can have the same samples loaded if I switch from Cubase to Notion and back rather than reloading every time.

You've been a great help on this board and I want you to know it is very much appreciated.
solo1

Postby astinov » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:24 am

Thanks Brian,

Just so you know, the Miroslav presets have been fixed and the fix will be available in the next build. As to your second question:

...how can I take the EWQL patches that work within your program and open them in Vienna Ensemble and still have the articulation changes work?

you mean Vienna Ensemble 3, right?

There is a way to do this, it is a bit technical and it involves creating a score with custom playback rules. I wanted to have a tutorial on that so that it is nice and clear to everyone and ppl don't end up messing up their playback. However, if you just can't wait to get the tutorial, I have couple of questions:

1. Are you running VE3 standalone or VST?
2. If standalone and on Win-do you have an internal MIDI cable like LoopBe MIDI?
3. Have you already saved the PLAY presets from the NOTION instruments so that you can easily bring them in VE3?

Let me know and I will be able to help you more. Also, tutorial is coming ...:)
astinov

Postby solo1 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:40 pm

Lubo,

Thank you on the Miroslav presets.

First let me say I can wait for the tutorial. Please don't rush anything on my account. I'm thinking of trying the Cognitone Synfire demo which should keep me busy for a few months. But I've had time and was trying to work out some of these Notion problems.

To answer your questions though:

I am using Vienna Ensemble Pro. I have tried the tests using VE pro as both a VST plug and as standalone. Same results. I do have LoopBe midi as well as MOL - tried both. I've also loaded up the patches that work in Notion, saved them, and then used those in Vienna Ensemble.

Again the continuous controllers are being sent, just not the keyswitches or channel-changes.

I'm sure it's one little step somewhere that I've missed but I've tried all possible routes that I can think of.

Brian
solo1

Return to NOTION