Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Quick Notion 3 question!

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Quick Notion 3 question!

Postby volta » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:51 am

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to ask if anyone knows if notion 3 works with East West's Hollywood Strings & Hollywood Brass (Diamond Versions) - Including all the articulations / dynamics / nuisances within notion3.

I'm not too sure if Hollywood strings has separate banks for violins / violas / Cellos / Basses, but if not can it still work with notion 3?

I'm in love with the program and would like to evolve my sound further with my compositions and I honestly like working with notion 3 but would like a huge upgrade in sound playback.

Please be detailed and thanks for your feedback!
volta

Re: Quick Notion 3 question!

Postby Admin » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:41 am

While "out of the box" the samples are not mapped for use you can look into custom rules for implementation. There is a forum here labeled "Share Custom Rules" you may take a look there or ask other users for help.

-Kyle
Admin
Site Admin

Postby volta » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:46 pm

Thanks for your quick response! Would it be hard to implement those rules?
volta

Postby wcreed51 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:46 pm

It depends on how fluent you are in programming with XML script.

I think the short answer would be "Quite difficult". There are tutorials in the suport section that give you a brief intro, and you can look at the Rules files for the libraries that are included with Notion to decide for yourself.
Bill Reed
Notion 4, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2011/14, Overture 4, Cubase 7.5
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
wcreed51

Return to NOTION