Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

String Contrabass won't play

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

String Contrabass won't play

Postby tdwyer » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:17 am

Hi,

I'm a complete newbie trying out the Notion3 demo. When I import a MusXML score everything plays except the double basses. The notation is there but no sound from DB, The Mixer reveals no DBs. Yet if I make a new score from scratch I get the DBs. Is it to do with the name of the track or what?

Terry
tdwyer

Re: String Contrabass won't play

Postby Brian » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:51 pm

You may want to go to Score>Setup... and click on gearwheel icon to the left of the double basses. This will open the Staff Settings window. Make sure that you have it assigned to the correct instrument.
Brian
NOTION Music Tech Support
866-398-2994
Brian

Postby Surfwhammy » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:03 pm

Brian wrote:You may want to go to Score>Setup... and click on gearwheel icon to the left of the double basses. This will open the Staff Settings window. Make sure that you have it assigned to the correct instrument.

I agree! :)

Most of the time when all the other instruments play but one instrument does not produce any sound it is a matter of the staff being set incorrectly or the notes on the staff being out of range . . .

Lots of FUN! :ugeek:
The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
Surfwhammy

Postby tdwyer » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:20 am

Thanks Brian. Your solution worked. So the Contrabass part had better be changed to Bass before Importing. But I never before came across Bass as the preferred name for Contrabass or Double Bass...

Terry
tdwyer

Return to NOTION