Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

how do you add accidentals?

how do you add accidentals?

Postby ToPhatTPatt » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:02 pm

I am having a problem adding accidentals to my notations as in I cant do it. What am I missing? The other problem I am having is that Notion automatically adds accidentals to my music where I don't want them and the only way I have found to get rid of them is by using the eraser tool. How do I stop this?
ToPhatTPatt

Re: how do you add accidentals?

Postby Nitrous oxide » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:14 pm

It's the button on the action bar with the note head that has an x instead of a filled in circle. It really doesn't work that well though so I would just use the piano that is in the program to input notes that are not in the key signature by just tapping the note in question on the keyboard. I think that is the easiest way currently.
Nitrous oxide

Re: how do you add accidentals?

Postby ToPhatTPatt » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:08 pm

Hey thanks for you reply. I found that to get a C sharp in an upper octive you hit the black key to the right of the C6 key if the tune is in the key of F major you will get a D flat THEN touch the button on the action bar that has a little 32nd and a note with an X instead of a filled circle, the action bar that then pops up press the far left button that has the sharp, flat, and natural signs and VIOLA! You have a C sharp. Jeesh, why so HARD?!?
ToPhatTPatt

Return to Notion for iPad