Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Notion for ipad

Re: Notion for ipad

Postby david » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:28 pm

sepheritoh wrote:
5.1 The scire displays 2 bars at a time similar to the pages down option in Notion 3. The navigation is however very problematic when working on a score with a large number of imstruments. Can you please provide an option to display score continious. This will allow much easier scrolling from bar to bar while entering notes.
5.2 When entering a note, or text, the display will jump ahead to the next bar and at the same time the display will scroll to some random position on the screen. When working on a score with a large number of instruments, this cause a lot of time wasted trying to find the position. Can yoy please allow an option to keep the display exactly where it was after entering a note. Typically if I want to enter a note and then want to add articulations etc. to that note, this would help.

Agree wholeheartedly with both of these suggestions. There is quite a bit of wasted real estate at the right side of the screen that would be useful if showing continuous score.

Still, this is damn fine for a first release and beats any other notation prog I've tried on the iPad ... And then some!

D
david

Postby jlcasa » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:17 pm

Tanks for this great app !

Is there à way to change a note to its enharmonic equivalent ?
jlcasa

Re: Notion for ipad - NO copy/paste in language other than E

Postby tbabcock123 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:29 pm

The copy works with the select tool. It is a blue color boton on the tool bar.

1. First tap the note in the top left area you want to copy once. It should turn dark green.
2. Tap the blue select boton. The green should turn blue. If not, sometimes you have to tap the select buton 3 times. This is because if you left it in the select mode a previous time you first have to let it go out of select mode then tap it again to go into select mode. A bit confusing but you quickly get used to it.
3. Now you will see a blue dot in the botom right corner of the blue selector. Drag this to select the notes younwant to copy. At this stage you can copy max 2 bars at a time. I reported this as a problem.
4. After dragging the selector a popup will allow you to choose copy from the menu.
5. Now tap once where you want to paste. The cursor will be dark green.
6. Now tap and hold for abou half second until a paste popup pops p.
7. Select paste and smile 8-)

this doesn't work if your iPad is set to any language other than English (French is mine).

-t
Last edited by tbabcock123 on Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tbabcock123

removed

Postby tbabcock123 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:18 pm

removed
Last edited by tbabcock123 on Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tbabcock123

Postby dhbailey » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:46 am

jlcasa wrote:Tanks for this great app !

Yes -- select the note either by simply tapping on it so it has the bright green highlight or use the select tool, then go to the "Alt Notehead" palette (indicated by the cue note next to the larger note with the X for a notehead) and then tap the flat/sharp/natural icon at the left end of that palette.
dhbailey

Re: Notion for ipad ->In app purchase problems

Postby Bubowski » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:34 pm

Hi,

I purchased the All Bundle but apparently didn't have enough free space on my iPad. It downloaded everything but the percussion and percussion efx bundles. I cleared some space and deleted the Notion app and reinstalled hoping that restoring my in-app purchase would solve the problem. However, it now looks like I need to repurchase the bundle, since "restore" is not showing as an option.

Otherwise this thing is an amazing piece of work.
Bubowski

Postby jlcasa » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:44 pm

dhbailey wrote:
jlcasa wrote:Tanks for this great app !

Yes -- select the note either by simply tapping on it so it has the bright green highlight or use the select tool, then go to the "Alt Notehead" palette (indicated by the cue note next to the larger note with the X for a notehead) and then tap the flat/sharp/natural icon at the left end of that palette.

Thank you…
jlcasa

Postby newtonia » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:04 am

I also had trouble downloading the everything bundle. How do you reinstall it? Also, how much space do we need for the bundle?
newtonia

Postby sepheritoh » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:00 am

Will there be an export to, or email as mp3 option?
sepheritoh

Postby Bubowski » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:52 am

newtonia wrote:I also had trouble downloading the everything bundle. How do you reinstall it? Also, how much space do we need for the bundle?
The size of each IAP item is under the Info button in the list in the Notion Store inside the app. The "All Bundle" comes in at 1.89GB!
Bubowski

PreviousNext

Return to Notion for iPad