Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Registration Problems

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Registration Problems

Postby digimidi » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:19 pm

Hi, all:
Just bought this software as part of a Cakewalk.com special deal. Before I went for the deal, I checked this forum and determined that I was allowed two registrations/activations. Accordingly, I installed the first one on my new laptop. After installing it, I registered/activated it. Shortly thereafter, a popup asking if I wanted to update the software came up, so of course I did. THEN, it asked for me to go through the registration/activation process again which I did. No problem with the laptop now.
However, when I went to install it on my desktop, now it says that the license has already been used. Did I miss something? Is it really only allowed to be used on one computer? OR, did I use up both of my registrations/activations when I updated it on my laptop? Please, does anybody know what is going on with this?
Thanks!

P.S. called tech support and they were/are busy, so am patiently waiting for a response. BTW, I do like the software, but am somewhat distressed about the registration/activation situation.

Cheers!
digimidi

Re: Registration Problems

Postby Surfwhammy » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:12 pm

digimidi wrote:Hi, all:
Just bought this software as part of a Cakewalk.com special deal. Before I went for the deal, I checked this forum and determined that I was allowed two registrations/activations. Accordingly, I installed the first one on my new laptop. After installing it, I registered/activated it. Shortly thereafter, a popup asking if I wanted to update the software came up, so of course I did. THEN, it asked for me to go through the registration/activation process again which I did. No problem with the laptop now.
However, when I went to install it on my desktop, now it says that the license has already been used. Did I miss something? Is it really only allowed to be used on one computer? OR, did I use up both of my registrations/activations when I updated it on my laptop? Please, does anybody know what is going on with this?
Thanks!

P.S. called tech support and they were/are busy, so am patiently waiting for a response. BTW, I do like the software, but am somewhat distressed about the registration/activation situation.

Cheers!

This is something that requires Notion Music technical support to fix, and they know what to do, so you need to contact Notion Music technical support . . .

All anyone can do here in the FORUM is to tell you (a) that this registration problem occurs; (b) that the Notion Music technical support folks know what to do to correct the problem and how to get NOTION 3 working on your computer; and (c) that you need to contact Notion Music technical support . . .

You can get "how to" help on a lot of things from folks in this FORUM, but for technical support matters, you need to contact technical support directly, and this is a technical support matter, for sure . . .

So, contact Notion Music technical support and they will help you get everything working nicely for the registration stuff . . .

Lots of FUN! :)

P. S. I think that Notion Music technical support probably has to reset the registration count or perhaps assign you a new registration code, but whatever they do has to be done on the registration database or something, which only they can do, which is the reason that you need to call them. It is not a difficult problem to fix, but they have to do something at their end to fix it . . .

NOTION 3 is an amazing application, and it makes it possible for you to do things that folks like Beethoven and Mozart could not do, since there was no technology at the time to do it . . .
The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
Surfwhammy

Re: Registration Problems

Postby bsteven » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:07 pm

I'm in the same boat. With tech support hours from 9-5 there's not much of a window for us west coast working stiffs. Will they even address the issue via email? I hope so.
bsteven

Return to NOTION