Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Is there any way to use the EWQLGoliath sounds with Notion3?

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Is there any way to use the EWQLGoliath sounds with Notion3?

Postby damfav » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:09 pm

I bought EastWest Quantum Leap Goliath without informing myself correctly about which VSTi's were compatible. Now I don't know if I can use EWQL Goliath with Notion3 at all. And if it's possible, I haven't found out how to bring my Goliath sounds into Notion3.

I would be happy if anyone could help me.

Thank you
damfav

Re: Is there any way to use the EWQLGoliath sounds with Noti

Postby brennanjohnsonmusic » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:26 pm

Yes, it does work. You have to import each instrument as a VST Instrument in the Score Setup menu.
brennanjohnsonmusic

Postby damfav » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:33 pm

I've tried doing that, but somehow I can't find them. When I open the VST manager and click browse, I'm able to go into the QL Goliath folder, but it's empty, or better said, Notion doesn't recognize any instruments. I don't know if theres a format problem or if I have to transfer the instrument files elswhere so they can be read or something...
damfav

Postby brennanjohnsonmusic » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:17 pm

You need to select Play from the Vst Instrument in Score Setup. When Play loads then go to the folder through Play and select your instrument.

If you aren't seeing Play, make sure you select it in the VST Manager. PC: File menu, VST Manager / MAC: Notion/ VST Manager. Then try it again. All East West products always go through Play.
brennanjohnsonmusic

Postby damfav » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:32 am

I'm afraid I can't find it. Could it be because I have installed it in the 64 bit version?
damfav

Return to NOTION