Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Tails

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Tails

Postby Revson » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:24 am

Hey Lubo where's my reverb tails on N2 strings? :shock: Gotta have 'em baby. I mean with the one shots like pizz. and staccatissimo playing out with full tails, there's a big mismatch (which isn't an invitation to truncate those!). Just one little toggle in the N2 instrument score set-up, pretty please?

Seriously, I see this as urgent.
Revson

Re: Tails

Postby Revson » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:23 pm

Gee I'd really like to know what's up with this. There's enough data in those N2 sample files that I'm pretty sure the release samples are on the drive...I just don't know how to get them to play back!
Revson

Postby astinov » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:36 am

Revson,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. You currently would use the CSR hall reverb to create and control the tails of your instrument. The pre-recorded decays were causing some problems in playback and they weren't a "true" reverb solution. In addition, the samples are already wet and when you have a decay and a reverb you get a 'doubled' tail.

If you would like to see those back, add a feature request in the Feature request section!

Thanks

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Postby Revson » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:40 pm

Thanks very much Lubo for the explanation. Off to feature request land!
Revson

Return to NOTION