Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Playback problems with IOS 5 ?

Discuss Progression for iPad

Playback problems with IOS 5 ?

Postby mbagsh55 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:06 pm

Hi guys,
I upgraded to IOS 5 yesterday, and it has been a mixed experience.

Progression starts up okay, but playback has some fairly serious issues. Typically I find it works okay for the first 5 or 6 measures then the playback will star to stutter and drop out. From there on the sound will have issues.

This is with music that was fine under IOS 4.3, so is definitely an IOS 5 issue.

Other users may wish to wait for an update before installing IOS 5, if my experience is not unique.
mbagsh55

Re: Playback problems with IOS 5 ?

Postby Admin » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:16 am

I'll make sure I pass this along to the developers and see if we can come up with an update.

-Kyle
Admin
Site Admin

Postby cepperly » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:51 pm

Hello,

I've only been using the product for a few weeks. It is fantastic for working at the music stand, transcribing and learning new music. I am glad I got hooked on it before iOS 5 update otherwise I would have pitched it assuming it was buggy. I'm adding a little more information on the problems I am having with Progression since upgrading my ipad to iOS 5 below.

Thanks,
cepperly

iPad (gen 1, 64GB, wifi only)
iOS 5 (5.0 9A334) Upgraded - Saturday, October 15th, 2011
Progression Version (purchased version 1.2.3.9805)

Issues since iOS 5 upgrade.
1. Progression is much slower (est 2x) loading from icon selction on desktop
2. Progression is much slower (est 3-4x) loading individual .notion files
3. Once loaded, .notion files are sluggish in responding to tapped commands, adding notes, selecting notes, etc.
4. Playback is non-functioning, once selected, screen locks for a 30-40 second period of time, eventually frees up but the application remains sluggish. Music does not play. Eventually a multitude of notes are played all mangled together. Screen freezes for a lengthly time. etc. etc. etc.
5. Without selecting playback, after moving screen or performing first interaction with the screen, the application freezes for 20-40 seconds not allowing input. Eventually frees up and editing can continue.
6. Periodically, editing freezes up randomly on command entry with a 20-40 second delay, eventually freeing up.
7. Occassionally the application ends and dumps back to desktop.
8. Occassionally, when selecting Progression from the desktop, it places a small faint icon in the middle of the desktop screen and does not load, full iPad freeze for 20-40 seconds. Eventually small faint icon dissapears and iPad resumes normal operation (Progression did not load).
cepperly

Postby Admin » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:44 pm

cepperly wrote:Hello,

I've only been using the product for a few weeks. It is fantastic for working at the music stand, transcribing and learning new music. I am glad I got hooked on it before iOS 5 update otherwise I would have pitched it assuming it was buggy. I'm adding a little more information on the problems I am having with Progression since upgrading my ipad to iOS 5 below.

Thanks,
cepperly

iPad (gen 1, 64GB, wifi only)
iOS 5 (5.0 9A334) Upgraded - Saturday, October 15th, 2011
Progression Version (purchased version 1.2.3.9805)

Issues since iOS 5 upgrade.
1. Progression is much slower (est 2x) loading from icon selction on desktop
2. Progression is much slower (est 3-4x) loading individual .notion files
3. Once loaded, .notion files are sluggish in responding to tapped commands, adding notes, selecting notes, etc.
4. Playback is non-functioning, once selected, screen locks for a 30-40 second period of time, eventually frees up but the application remains sluggish. Music does not play. Eventually a multitude of notes are played all mangled together. Screen freezes for a lengthly time. etc. etc. etc.
5. Without selecting playback, after moving screen or performing first interaction with the screen, the application freezes for 20-40 seconds not allowing input. Eventually frees up and editing can continue.
6. Periodically, editing freezes up randomly on command entry with a 20-40 second delay, eventually freeing up.
7. Occassionally the application ends and dumps back to desktop.
8. Occassionally, when selecting Progression from the desktop, it places a small faint icon in the middle of the desktop screen and does not load, full iPad freeze for 20-40 seconds. Eventually small faint icon dissapears and iPad resumes normal operation (Progression did not load).

Thank you for the heads up! We're doing some testing here to isolate the issue(s). It seems that these problems are far worse on the 1st gen iPad. They do occur on the iPad2, but not as frequently.

We're working on an update/solution! I'll make sure to post here with any info.

Thanks again!
-Kyle
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:39 pm

Hello all! An update has been submitted to the App Store for review that fixes the issues that iOS5 created. Should see the update very soon.

Cheers,
Kyle
Admin
Site Admin

Postby mbagsh55 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:01 am

Thanks Kyle,
Look forward to trying out the new version once Apple have added to the app.store.

Expect it will be a few days given the backlog they seem to be working through.

Regards,
Marcus
mbagsh55

Return to Progression for iPad