Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Cresc. with EWQL Gold

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Cresc. with EWQL Gold

Postby fzd » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:36 am

Hello,

When I want to use a crescendo ( < ) or diminuendo ( > ) with EWQL Gold, it doesn't work : the level is the same as the first note. For example, I want a pp to a f. The level is pp and don't move, until the f appears and sounds suddenly : there is no progression.
I don't have the problem with the sounds of Notion 3 : it works fine.
Is it impossible to use a cresc. or dim. with EWQLSO ?

Thanks for your help.

Best,

François
Solo, Orchestral & Chamber Strings complete, Dimension Strings, Full instruments
EWQLSO & Choirs
2 x Mac Mavericks, RAM : 32 GB & 16 GB
Notion 4

http://www.francois-zawadzki-delissen.com
fzd

Re: Cresc. with EWQL Gold

Postby robsogge » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:19 am

I think the problem is the limited dynamic span ewqlso responds to when cc11 is used. You have a slight dynamic increment, but far from a real crescendo... the only way is probably using the dxf patches/recording cc1 data while temporarily converting the staff to a sequencer staff.
robsogge

Postby fzd » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:43 am

Thanks for your reply.
So it is not possible in Notion to have a good sounding crescendo with EWQL Gold, without using the dxf patches ?
Do you think I wouldn't have this problem with Platinum ?

Is is possible to create a ks instrument (in order to use the articulations of Notion 3), with some dxf patches, in the Play player ?

Thanks for tour help,

Best,

François
Solo, Orchestral & Chamber Strings complete, Dimension Strings, Full instruments
EWQLSO & Choirs
Notion 4

fzd

Postby robsogge » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:15 pm

hi Francois, you're welcome!
no, you would have the same problem with platinum... it's not that, it's the fact that cc11 only changes the volume of the patches (and a too limited change), but you also need to have a variation in the harmonic content to get an effective crescendo... I have Gold, (and the close mics expansion), so I'll see if I can find a way of doing what you want...
robsogge

Postby fzd » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:06 pm

Thank you ;)
EWQLSO & Choirs
Notion 4

fzd

Postby halvh1 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:52 pm

Here's something crazy to try which I believe I have gotten to work. Depending on where the notes on the bar are, try placing the hairpins on the top of the bar instead of the bottom. For some strange reason, and I'll use Violin 1 for example, when the notes are pushing towards the top of the bar and above, it will obey signs that are placed there and not below. It's a little crazy I know, and takes a little bit of work to figure out where the switch is depending on what range you are writing in. But it's the only workaround that I've been able to work with EWQLSO Gold.
halvh1

Postby catshsh » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:33 am

As far as I have understood, wandering about in this forum, there is a quite not natural behavior related to hairpins.
There are two possible locations to draw them (top or bottom of staff). Quite the same for writing the ppp to fff
If you switch from top to bottom all over the staff, the hairpins will never work. They have to be always at the same location.

I encountered the same kind of "bug" with miroslav, writing cresc or diminuendi that were not working at all. After relocating the complete stuff on the bottom of staff, it worked.
Basically, up or down is for when using several voices on one staff, so that one can cresc a part and decresc the other one at the same time.

Well, this is my understanding, as english is not my mothertongue, I could have been mistaken somehow.

Cat
catshsh

Return to NOTION