Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Seven pieces made with Notion 3

A Place to Share Your NOTION Files

Seven pieces made with Notion 3

Postby ottomc » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:01 pm

Dear fellow Notion users,

As a former musician turned academic philosopher now trying to return to music, I have immensely enjoyed working with Notion over the last months. Notion has made my attempt at returning to music even more enjoyable than I expected. Kudos to the Notion team! I have tried to learn different Notion techniques by composing a set of rather diverse pieces. I have uploaded seven pieces as screencasts at YouTube, where I have put them together in a playlist at the following address,

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3841E7C5BA0D59C7[/i]

Please listen if you like, and please don't hesitate to leave your comments. Advices from experienced users are welcome!

EDIT: I have uploaded a few additional items to the same playlist, so the number of pieces has now increased above seven. I will probably keep on uploading new pieces now and then.

Best,
Otto
Last edited by ottomc on Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
Otto Martin Christensen
www.faidros.no
ottomc

Re: Seven pieces made with Notion 3

Postby bogdan1 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:33 pm

Great news Otto,
Your works are a great asset for both musicality and technique. I think everyone will be pleased to listen what you wrote. And regarding the marriage between Music and Notion is at its best potential.
I really enjoyed them,
All the best
Bogdan
bogdan1

Postby ottomc » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:10 am

Thanks a lot, Bogdan, I am glad that you enjoy my music! Please keep posting more of your own enjoyable works, and I will try to come up with some new ideas as well.

Kind Regards,
Otto
Otto Martin Christensen
www.faidros.no
ottomc

Postby robsogge » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:10 am

hi Otto, I'd have liked to listen to your compositions, but youtube won't let me in, unless I open an account or whatever... any chance that you upload your music to an accessible place?

rob
robsogge

Postby ottomc » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:22 pm

Hi robsogge, sorry that you could not get access to my playlist. Please try the following link instead,

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3841E7C5BA0D59C7

I hope this will work. Thanks a lot for your interest :D

Otto
Otto Martin Christensen
www.faidros.no
ottomc

Postby robsogge » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:43 am

Otto, thank you for letting me listen to your music, very nice indeed! Especially the woodwinds, they have a positive, uplifting feeling that I enjoy... and there's always some kind of popular dance rhythm hovering above... thanks again for sharing!
robsogge

Postby ottomc » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:17 am

Thanks a lot, robsogge, for listening to my pieces, and for your kind comment! I am glad that you enjoyed them, and that you appreciate the dance like qualities that I often try to bring into my music.
Otto Martin Christensen
www.faidros.no
ottomc

Postby elerouxx » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:15 am

Your music is beautiful.
elerouxx

Postby fabiolcati » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:41 pm

Otto, I listened with great interest to your works.
You are a lucky composer having live performance for some of them.
Can't imagine what your output as a philosopher sounds like...
Best regards.
Fabio
Arrigo Beyle - Milanese - Lived, wrote, loved - - Stendhal
Being italian is a full-time job - - B. Severgnini
fabiolcati

Postby ottomc » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:48 pm

Thanks a lot for listening, fabiolcati, and thank you very much for your kind comments! Notion's fast workflow compared to the "big" notation applications has made it possible for me take a serious turn back to music, not leaving philosophy completely behind yet -- even if I definitely would have dedicated all my time to music in an ideal world, with Notion as my preferred composition tool.

BTW: Just like me, you seem to love Stendhal, a devoted lover of your amiable country and its great music, just like myself! Qualche anni fa studiavo italiano presso l'Università per stranieri di Perugia, e ritorno in Italia ogni estate. Quest'estate sono stato a Moneglia con la mia famiglia. Bellissima! :D

Tanti saluti and Best wishes,
Otto
Last edited by ottomc on Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Otto Martin Christensen
www.faidros.no
ottomc

Next

Return to Share NOTION Files