Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Notion 3 Version 3.2... it's a small world

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: Notion 3 Version 3.2... it's a small world

Postby ulrik » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:05 am

Thanks Rudi! :)
ulrik

Postby Rudi » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:37 am

Hi Ulrik,

Notion's support is really great! Here's the answer:

Creation Date: 08/11/2011 Creation Time: 10:36:43

Description:
Hi Rudolf,

This is Brian from NOTION Music Technical Support. Thanks for the email. The mandolin is not on the sounds update page because we have not made any recent changes to it. If you have purchased the mandolin in the past and need to reinstall, please log into your web account and download your Expansion Sound once more. Please let me know if you run into any problems.

Best Regards,
Rudi

Postby Rudi » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:43 am

And a second mail:

Creation Date: 08/11/2011 Creation Time: 10:36:43

Description:
Hi Rudolf,

I just wanted to get back in touch with you and let you know that we did update the mandolin but it was mistakenly not put up on the site. Our web developer is going to upload the sound today. Please check back with the site later this afternoon and the mandolin will be up there. Thanks for your patience.

Best Regards,
Rudi

Postby ulrik » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:58 am

Ok thanks Rudi for letting me know :), did he mentioned the acoustic guitar expansion? (it is an extra file for the regular acoustic guitar)

cheers!
ulrik

Postby Rudi » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:25 pm

No, he didn't mention that. But as you can see, expansion sound updates are declared "Expansion":

A new version of Acoustic Guitar.prox is available
A new version of Bass Trombone.prox is available
A new version of Euphonium.prox is available
A new version of Tuba.prox is available
A new version of Upright Bass.prox is available
A new version of Violin.prox is available
A new version of Mandolin Expansion.prox is available

So I'm sure, that the Acoustic Guitar sound means the bundled acoustic guitar.

Kind regards,
Rudi
Rudi

Postby ulrik » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:54 pm

Rudi wrote:No, he didn't mention that. But as you can see, expansion sound updates are declared "Expansion":

A new version of Acoustic Guitar.prox is available
Rudi

Yes I noticed that but I also have an update for Acoustic Guitar Expansion.prox that is a sample with some more technics for the Acoustic Guitar, I will take another look at the Sample update page and see if they have it there along with the mandolin.
Thanks for all help!

Ulrik
ulrik

Postby Surfwhammy » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:19 pm

Once I found the Notion 3.2 update release notes in this FORUM and read that there are changes to the application, I decided to install the update, which went smoothly . . .

There definitely are some "bug" fixes on the Mac, where for example clicking on a text item when in continuous view no longer results in the formatting pop-up being positioned directly on top of the text, which is great . . .

Great!

I did not do a lot of testing, but my impression is that Notion 3.2 is more peppy, and the IK Multimedia standalone user interfaces for SampleTank and Miroslav Philharmonik appear to launch faster (nearly instantly as contrasted to taking one or two seconds) . . .

Providing support for Mac OS X Lion and adding some of the iPad stuff basically requires using the newest Mac OS X frameworks and all that stuff, which tends to map to improvements in quite a few of the underlying technologies, which is one of the reasons that the focus on doing iPad apps does not bother me so much, although there obviously are some enhancements in NOTION that I would like . . .

[NOTE: I am not running Mac OS X Lion and do not plan to run it until all the third-party vendors have completed their updates, which will take another few months, so at present I continue to run Mac OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard. For reference, the MOTU folks did their update for Mac OS Lion compatibility first, within just a few days, and the FabFilter Software Instruments folks did their update soon thereafter, so this puts Notion Music in the third fastest spot for doing the Mac OS X Lion compatibility update for the software I use here in the sound isolation studio, which overall is excellent. As a comparison, the IK Multimedia folks continue to have "workarounds" with expected Mac OS X Lion compatibility updates for their various products coming in August and September 2011. ]

Everything is looking good with the Notion 3.2 update so far, which is fabulous . . .

Fabulous! :)
The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
Surfwhammy

Postby Admin » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:23 pm

Sorry for the mix up folks! The updated links have been added to the sample update page for the instruments previously not there (Finger Style Acoustic Guitar, Mandolin, and Banjo.

Enjoy!
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:30 pm

marcato wrote:Hi Kyle
Please indicate where specifics on 3.2 other than 2 elephants, 2 bears, 2 lions etc. have been published...

Also, what you do not understand has been explained to you in the context of Issue 14799 PROJ=1 on 28 Jan 2011 and I quote:

>> Seems problem was a new animal in the file selection chain (ie directory tree).
C:\Program Files (x86)\NHC Software\NOTION 3\Sounds
instead of C:\Program Files(x86)\NOTION 3\Sounds
Many thanks<<

Well, seven months later, you post an update with the same glitch albeit in reverse. Someone should address the issue.

TNX

What is NHC Software? Why is that in your chain? The sample library should NOT live inside another programs folder. The file path is correct.

-Kyle
Admin
Site Admin

Postby marcato » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:38 am

Well, Kyle, if you leaf through my quick-paced exchange of e-mails with Brian, --reminescent of a Tom Clancy Cold War thriller--, you'll find out we have yet to solve the circumstances of the demotion of my royal version of Notion 3 to an obscure sub-directory of NHC Software, on January 28 2011, in the course of an update.
Brian suggested I might have inadvertently slid or dragged or otherwise bullied the said directory into the wrong pigeon hole while walking my mouse... which is definitely not my style of tree management.
But then, Notion 3.2 is now up and running.
However, there will a slight change in the program: "Ode to Surfwhammy" will now be an exciting duo for kazoo and dulcimer...
Cheers!
marcato

PreviousNext

Return to NOTION