Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

WHERE IS NOTION 4 AND LION SUPPORT????

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: WHERE IS NOTION 4 AND LION SUPPORT????

Postby Francois2010 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:34 pm

This page is UPGRADE Paths to NOTION3!
I love Notion ! I love to compose !
Native langage french. Be patient with my English.
Francois2010

Postby Funkybot » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:46 pm

Francois2010 wrote:This page is UPGRADE Paths to NOTION3!

Sorry, I must have misread the original post. I thought the poster was looking for a Sibelius to Notion 3 crossgrade.
Funkybot

Postby Tralen » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:25 pm

Funkybot wrote:Sorry, I must have misread the original post. I thought the poster was looking for a Sibelius to Notion 3 crossgrade.

Yes I was, thanks for the link! I found the SIbelius to Notion crossgrade at the bottom of the page. Sadly I'm already using Sibelius 7. I have decided to wait for more input from the Notion team before comitting.
Tralen

Postby Admin » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:44 am

WOW...lively debate!!

We truly appreciate your passion for using N3! As of now we are working on an update that will primarily address Lion compatibility along with some bug fixes. It looks like we may be able to resume some sort of semi-regular updates with N3 in the future....

The update is being held up by an issue with our security company who has botched their Lion compatibility. We want to make sure an update is easily installed and due to their lack of foresight we're having to "jump through some hoops" to make it happen. Should be releasing it within the next week or two.

Once again THANK YOU for your passion in using NOTION3 and rest assured we want to make this program the best it can be for all of our users!

I CAN say that there will be some new sounds kits available with this update:) Can't say which ones yet.....

-Kyle
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Francois2010 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:10 am

Kyle thank you for these details. I would just tell you this: when administrators become very quiet, we do not know what is happening in Notion3 and this can become a concern. That's my point of view. I need to understand that signs Notion3 is still active and "healthy". I can understand that there is no news at any time, but it would be interesting to know what you may be working with a topic like "Last News" or ....?
Merci! Thank you!
I love Notion ! I love to compose !
Native langage french. Be patient with my English.
Francois2010

Postby Admin » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:19 am

Francois2010 wrote:Kyle thank you for these details. I would just tell you this: when administrators become very quiet, we do not know what is happening in Notion3 and this can become a concern. That's my point of view. I need to understand that signs Notion3 is still active and "healthy". I can understand that there is no news at any time, but it would be interesting to know what you may be working with a topic like "Last News" or ....?
Merci! Thank you!

No problem! We're running a "tight ship" around here and everyone is very busy.....I specifically am handling quite a few tasks, so sometimes I don't get over here to participate as much as I'd like. I'll try to stop by more regularly:)

I'm actually going to work on a short video about sequencer staff today! We were looking over the manual in regards to the new update and realized that there is not really any good information about how to use it. Considering it is definitely one of the coolest features we offer I can't believe we haven't addressed it yet! I'll post a link once I get the video up!!
Admin
Site Admin

Postby dgriffee » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:41 am

Thankyou for any/all reasurances Kyle! The silence has been becoming deafening, and every little message from yourself is greeted as encouragement that indeed Notion is still alive. Sorry to hear you got stuck with third party bugs from your security software providers, I know what a supreme programming pain that can be. You wind up being blamed for the other company's screwup nomatter how well you jump through the extra firey hoops.

In the interim (assuming that an update is soon to be forthcoming) could you please post a quick listing of some of the undocumented rule tags, there must be at least some internal code checkin comments that you could quickly copy/paste to help explain some clues for us out here without giving away any proprietary secrets. C'mon friend, at least throw us a bone to chew until the real new good stuff is cooked.
-DG

Admin wrote:WOW...lively debate!!

We truly appreciate your passion for using N3! As of now we are working on an update that will primarily address Lion compatibility along with some bug fixes. It looks like we may be able to resume some sort of semi-regular updates with N3 in the future....

The update is being held up by an issue with our security company who has botched their Lion compatibility. We want to make sure an update is easily installed and due to their lack of foresight we're having to "jump through some hoops" to make it happen. Should be releasing it within the next week or two.

Once again THANK YOU for your passion in using NOTION3 and rest assured we want to make this program the best it can be for all of our users!

I CAN say that there will be some new sounds kits available with this update:) Can't say which ones yet.....

-Kyle
dgriffee

Postby themeworks » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:20 pm

Kyle,

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I second myself and others posting here that we love this application - it has become my main composing tool. I am showing it and almost pushing it on major composers in LA/Hollywood once they see how cool and easy it is to use to write real music, than translate that into the DAW.

That's why I am lobbying so hard for better scoring and layout features, SMPTE/video and native interaction (seamless) with Symphobia, Cinesamples, other libraries that everyone is using...

Thanks again for the update. My Lion box is hungrily waiting for the new version.. ready to get back to composing.

All the best.

- Christian
themeworks

Postby TOSCANINI » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:59 pm

Good news, i think that we all looking for.

Cheers
TOSCANINI

Postby twnd » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:23 pm

Good news from Notion! :)
twnd

PreviousNext

Return to NOTION