Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

The chords I just entered won't play

Discuss Progression for iPad

The chords I just entered won't play

Postby Kyle76 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:36 pm

I entered a new bar of chords after the previous bar, but when I click on the first chord of the new bar and try to play it, the cursor moves through the bar, but I can't hear the notes. If I play from the beginning, the notes of the new bar play. However, there is a lot of music before this bar, so it's a pain to go through it all just to hear this one bar. Also, when entering notes, how do I advance to the next bar?
Kyle76

Re: The chords I just entered won't play

Postby Admin » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:26 am

The arrows at the bottom right of the screen are excellent for navigation....moves one note duration either way.

Not sure why you're not getting audio. Silly question, but are the new chords within range of the given strings?
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kyle76 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:57 am

Well, I can't figure it out, and the arrow doesn't do anything. I've got 9 quarter-notes in a single bar of 4/4 music, and when I add a note, it goes into the same bar. Something's not right. And, the new bar still won't play with the play button. I tried a hard reboot with no improvement. I entered the chords by clicking on the strings.
Kyle76

Postby Kyle76 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:17 am

OK, I figured out how to end a bar with the single vertical line.
Kyle76

Postby osiris » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:03 am

The problem is with repeat signs. If you have those you don't get any sound when you start playback from an arbitrary bar.
osiris

Postby Kyle76 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:51 am

Is that a flaw or is there some reason for it to be that way?
Last edited by Kyle76 on Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kyle76

Postby Admin » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:19 am

osiris wrote:The problem is with repeat signs. If you have those you don't get any sound when you start playback from an arbitrary bar.

I'll take a look into this and see if it's a genuine bug.

-Kyle
Admin
Site Admin

Postby mbagsh55 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:14 am

Admin wrote:I'll take a look into this and see if it's a genuine bug.

-Kyle

Hi Kyle,
I hit this problem with Progression and agree with osiris that it appears to be related to the use of repeats.

A good way to reproduce this is to open the "Beginner Exercise" sample included with the app. If you attempt to play from measure 7 "Jabs" or 9 "Double Jabs" then there is no audio output. If you skip a note or two and play from the middle of the measure it is fine, but when it hits the repeat again the sound becomes muted.

If the mixer is shown rather than the fretboard, then the meter shows nothing rather than for example the mute light showing.

Regards,
Marcus
mbagsh55

Return to Progression for iPad