Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Two Questions ?

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Two Questions ?

Postby BLACKCROW » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:35 pm

Hi everyone , I sort took an R & R and now I back working on my latest song in Notion 3 .
My first question is , how do you add 100 measures of electric guitar ?
I can add about five of electric guitar and after that everything starts looking wierd with the measures such as lines going through the measures .

The other question is about the Notion 3 update , whats the best way to install it ? Do I install within Notion 3 , how does that work ?

Thats about it with my two questions , I'll checkback in later on .

Cheers! blackcrow
BLACKCROW

Re: Two Questions ?

Postby Admin » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:34 am

Get in touch with Brian in tech support....he can hook you up:)

-kyle
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Brian » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:56 am

Hello Blackcrow,

This is Brian from NOTION Music Technical Support. If you would like to add measures to your score in NOTION3, simply press the letter "i" on your computer keyboard to arm your mouse pointer with the bar line. You can then left-click on your score to enter the bar lines into the staff. The easiest way to update your copy of NOTION3 is to go to Help>Check for updates and allow the automatic updater that is built into the program to update NOTION. If you would like to make sure that you are on the latest version, please go to Help>About. The latest release is version 3.1.281. If you are on a Mac, go to NOTION>About. Please let me know if you are still having a problem.

Best,
Brian
NOTION Music Tech Support
866-398-2994
Brian

Postby BLACKCROW » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:07 pm

Thanks Brian for the help and information , I have a few more questions but for right now this is enough to work with this week .
I just purchased my Notion 3 about three months ago I believe it was , not sure if I have the newest updated version or not but I will all the information you just gave me .

Thanks agin for the help ! Blackcrow
BLACKCROW

Postby BLACKCROW » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:09 pm

Admin wrote:Get in touch with Brian in tech support....he can hook you up:)

-kyle

Hey thanks , Brian jumped in and offer me some help .

Thanks agin ! Blackcrow
BLACKCROW

Postby BLACKCROW » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:44 pm

Brian wrote:Hello Blackcrow,

This is Brian from NOTION Music Technical Support. If you would like to add measures to your score in NOTION3, simply press the letter "i" on your computer keyboard to arm your mouse pointer with the bar line. You can then left-click on your score to enter the bar lines into the staff. The easiest way to update your copy of NOTION3 is to go to Help>Check for updates and allow the automatic updater that is built into the program to update NOTION. If you would like to make sure that you are on the latest version, please go to Help>About. The latest release is version 3.1.281. If you are on a Mac, go to NOTION>About. Please let me know if you are still having a problem.

Best,

Hi Brian , Thanks again for the help I now have 100 measures to work with . I also looked under Help in Notion 3 and I see my version is already updated to the newest version .

One quick question , I'm working with electric guitar and trying to add electric lead guitar to a song I created using my CakeWalk Project 5 .
I imported my song into Notion 3 where I could work with it adding in some lead guitar , so far I added in some lead to my intro section of my new song and now I'm working on my first chorus section .
My first verse doesn't have electric guitar in it at all I used a different lead melody synth instrument sound but for my chorus section I wanted to add in some electric guitar .

The question I have do you have any tips on how to setup the AMP so I get a nice clean electric guitar lead sound ?

Thats about it for now , thanks agin for the help Brian ! Blackcrow
BLACKCROW

Return to NOTION