Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Delete measures

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: Delete measures

Postby tonygardner » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:02 pm

I am running Windows XP SP3 and have been living with this since the update as well. Brian in Support told me that the only way to delete measures is to click on the measure line itself then hit <delete>. To be more specific, after you've deleted the measure contents, you have to click the measure line to the right of each empty measure. Note that if it's the last measure in your score, you have to click on the measure line the left of the last measure (trust me on this one). Be assured that you cannot accidentally delete the contents of a measure by using this method. The worst that can happen is that you end up with 8 beats in a 4/4 measure, and that would easily be corrected by clicking 'I' and putting the measure line back. I do this quite a bit, and have gotten pretty good at clicking measure lines and hitting <delete> rapid fire. :ugeek:
tonygardner

Postby Eftwyrd » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:07 pm

Ah thanks for the answer. Yes, that works. Its not the best and most effective way, but nevertheless it works. But I hope in the next update or whatever will come the next time from Notion, it will work in the old way again.
Eftwyrd

Postby peterlappo » Sat May 14, 2011 1:42 pm

Hi,
Is it possible to delete a measure in a part rather than the whole score?

I'm trying to edit a two part piece, vocal and piano. When I highlight a measure in the vocal part and do edit->delete it clears the measure, thereafter nothing happens with edit->delete. If I highlight the measure in both parts (ie the entire score) I can delete the measures with edit->delete. But this isn't what I'd like to do as I end up cutting and pasting to fix the problem.

I'm using N3 version 3.1.281 on a Mac Book Pro Mac OS X 10.6.7

Cheers
Pete
peterlappo

Postby Surfwhammy » Sat May 14, 2011 7:45 pm

peterlappo wrote:Hi,
Is it possible to delete a measure in a part rather than the whole score?

I'm trying to edit a two part piece, vocal and piano. When I highlight a measure in the vocal part and do edit->delete it clears the measure, thereafter nothing happens with edit->delete. If I highlight the measure in both parts (ie the entire score) I can delete the measures with edit->delete. But this isn't what I'd like to do as I end up cutting and pasting to fix the problem.

I'm using N3 version 3.1.281 on a Mac Book Pro Mac OS X 10.6.7

Cheers
Pete

You can delete a measure for a single instrument by doing a bit of copying and pasting . . .

(1) Select from the measure you want to keep until the end of the song, and copy this to the clipboard . . .

(2) Select from the measure you want to delete until the next to last measure of the song, and then do a paste from the clipboard . . .

(3) Then clear the last measure of the instrument via selecting the measure and pressing the delete key . . .

Basically, this shifts the measures to the left, and it does not take very long to do, since there are approximately 8 or 9 simple user-interface actions . . .

Lots of FUN!
The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
Surfwhammy

Postby peterlappo » Tue May 17, 2011 6:56 pm

Thanks

To be fair Sibelius 6 (demo version) doesn't have this functionality either, but GarageBand does as its a sequencer with notation support.
peterlappo

Postby weesner » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:48 pm

There is a Hard Delete in the Edit Menu that will remove measures.

1. Highlight what you want to Delete
2. Go to EDIT>DELETE

This will remove notes and measures. The other delete functions only delete notes and markings intentionally.
weesner

Postby achambily » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:58 pm

for my own, Ctrl+X works.
Notion, Cubase 7, EWQLSO Gold, VSL SE
Win7 x64, I7 Dell studio laptop, 8GB RAM
M-Audio FTP
M-Audio KeyStudio 25
Clavinova CLP 811
Sennheiser e840
Sennheiser HD280 Pro
Yamaha HS50M