Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: 3.280

Postby Mister HU » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:00 pm

Just downloaded the corrected Trumpet file. It sounds great now, thank you!
Mister HU

Postby Unfinished » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:34 am

You can download the folders of sounds so you are only doing two downloads. You do need to open them all up to install them individually afterwards, though (while N3 is running).
Unfinished

Postby pianosteve » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:28 pm

Brian wrote:1. Please highlight all of the downloaded sound files, right-click them, and choose "Copy." On Windows, go to C:\Program Files\NOTION 3\Sounds\Bundled, right-click inside of the folder and choose "Paste." When asked if you would like to over-write the files that are already in the folder, please choose to do so. On a Mac, the location that you want to copy your sound files to is Macintosh HD\Library\Application Support\Notion Music\Notion 3\Sounds\Bundled. IMPORTANT: After you have successfully placed the new samples into the correct location, please go to File>Preferences and click on the "audio" tab. Next, press the button that says "Choose...," navigate and single-click the "Sounds" folder, and press the select button (on Mac, you will be prompted for your OS password). You should then get a "locating samples" dialogue box and the program will load the new sounds.

I finally got around to downloading all the updated sounds (I have been busy since October!! LOL) and was getting the "can't copy" error on Windows 7. I followed the instructions above completely, overwriting the existing files and doing the "Locating Samples" thing, etc.

When I start the program, however, and do a "Check for sounds updates", I still get the whole list of the ones that I supposedly updated. How can I tell if my sounds are actually updated, and how can I convince the program that they have been updated?
pianosteve

Postby Brian » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:07 pm

You may have to search your computer for any .prox files that are not in the c:\Program Files (x86)\NOTION\Sounds\Bundled folder and delete them. Just do a search for *.prox and it should pull up all of your .prox files. Please delete any .prox files that are not in the bundled folder and then locat your samples again. This should clear things up.
Brian
NOTION Music Tech Support
866-398-2994
Brian

Postby pianosteve » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:40 pm

Brian wrote:Just do a search for *.prox and it should pull up all of your .prox files. Please delete any .prox files that are not in the bundled folder and then locat your samples again. This should clear things up.

It doesn't appear to have cleared it up. I still get the notification that there are sound updates to a bunch of instruments, all of which I downloaded, copied over the existing ones, made sure they didn't exist anywhere else, etc. I'm baffled, and just a tad frustrated. :(
pianosteve

Postby pianosteve » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:02 pm

bump -- I would love to know if there is some other alternative to this. As it stands, I don't even know if I'm getting the latest/greatest samples when I play stuff in Notion. I have followed all the instructions in this thread, but still get the notification that there are updates to a ton of samples.

Anyone else having this problem?
pianosteve

Postby Admin » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:08 pm

pianosteve wrote:bump -- I would love to know if there is some other alternative to this. As it stands, I don't even know if I'm getting the latest/greatest samples when I play stuff in Notion. I have followed all the instructions in this thread, but still get the notification that there are updates to a ton of samples.

Anyone else having this problem?

Download the most recent update....

http://www.notionmusic.com/support/downloads.html
Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to NOTION