Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Notion and Music Education

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Notion and Music Education

Postby composer » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:38 am

The conducting curriculum is a nice product, but it is geared to university level students. Notion could consider creating a curriculum for elementary and secondary students; there are a lot more of them than students studying music at the university level. Market wise, this could be a smart move.
composer

Re: Notion and Music Education

Postby Admin » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:50 am

hmmmm....this is a good idea. I had no idea that there was a good number of students under the university level studying conducting. What elements of the existing curriculum would you like to see changed for elementary and secondary students?
Admin
Site Admin

Postby composer » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:38 pm

Conducting is generally studied in detail at the university level. However, note reading and general musicianship skills begin much earlier. Although Notion is an 'advanced' program, there is an opportunity there to introduce the software as early as grade 4 to teach notation and basic skills. Notion could develop a curriculum geared to that. A thought.
composer

Postby Unfinished » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:37 pm

America is a little different to the UK but essentially you need to target schools that offer to teach Music at GCSE and A-level (or any equivalent). You could consider translating Notion to take on the markets abroad in their languages. I don't know what Notion has in terms of advertising but I only heard about it on iCompositions, a site where people share their compositions, where another composer told me about Notion after asking what his software was. I think advertising for this product means making it well-known amongst Music departments in schools and universities (my Music teacher didn't know about Notion before I told him), as well as perhaps a little advertisement on TV's popular channels and arts channels (that is, music channels (which aren't MTV etc.)).
Unfinished

Postby arb58 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:29 pm

I heard about Notion because of the Elite Packs that Cakewalk are offering, I ordered it last week after using the demo.
arb58

Postby page88 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:07 am

yes.great ;)
page88

Postby Kingsley » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:38 am

Great idea ...I do agree with you and it will really help the students...
Kingsley

Postby musicpeeps » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:08 am

That is definitely right.. I have studied in a conservatory when I am a college student, but you know, since I was young I have that kind of interest in music and I think that would help a lot for those out there who has the same experience as I have.
musicpeeps

Return to NOTION