Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Notion 3 can't find EWQL samples

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Notion 3 can't find EWQL samples

Postby Drew Buchan » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:58 am

Hi
I posted a support request on your web site last week about an issue I am having with Notion 3. I'll try on this forum also.

My Notion 3 cannot find my EWQL Platinum Play libraries.
I have enabled PLAY in VST Manager, and it appears in the Mix Setup screen.
When I choose an instrument .. I get a message saying it cannot find the samples.
It seems to look by default at c://Volumes/My Book/EWQL ...., which isn't even a hidden folder on my set up.

I am given three options Abort, Retry, Ok.

If I hit OK ... a dialogue box opens for me to find the precise sample folder.

However, navigation to the folder does not load any samples.
And Notion does not seem to remember which folder I have pointed to.

Surely, Notion should be able to look up in the registry where my EWQL samples are stored.
.. or there should be somewhere in Notion where I can point it to.

I bought Notion 3 becuase of the good reports I had heard about EWQL integration but ... I haven't used Notion 3 much since buying it because of this problem, so hope you can help.

Thanks
Drew Buchan

Re: Notion 3 can't find EWQL samples

Postby astinov » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:28 am

Dear Drew,

Sure, let me help you with this. You simply need to remember to point PLAY to the main install folder of the library, not simply the Instruments or the Samples folder, but the folder that contains both.

NOTION3 currently supports EWQL Platinum (+), support for Gold is scheduled.

The reason you are getting this dialog is because the presets are "custom-made", they don't use the Master keyswitch patches from EW for a variety of reasons. There is also a thread on the forum with instructions how to remove this dialog altogether, just search for EWQL.

Hope that helps.

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Postby Drew Buchan » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:28 am

Many thanks ... I will try this.
Drew Buchan

Postby Treppenwitz » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:38 pm

astinov wrote:Dear Drew,

Sure, let me help you with this. You simply need to remember to point PLAY to the main install folder of the library, not simply the Instruments or the Samples folder, but the folder that contains both.

NOTION3 currently supports EWQL Platinum (+), support for Gold is scheduled.

The reason you are getting this dialog is because the presets are "custom-made", they don't use the Master keyswitch patches from EW for a variety of reasons. There is also a thread on the forum with instructions how to remove this dialog altogether, just search for EWQL.

Hope that helps.

Lubo Astinov

Can you point us to the thread? Forum search is busted right now. Searching for EWQL gives this response

"The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: ewql.
You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards."
Treppenwitz

Postby astinov » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:08 pm

astinov

Postby Treppenwitz » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:16 am

Does this mean you don't intend to patch this with a software solution? Anyone who uses EWQLSO Platinum in any serious way would be foolish to install all 28 of the DVD the sample libraries onto the same drive as the OS. But this is what seems to be hardcoded into Notion's EWQL plugin data files.

The actual library install path is easily accessible to Notion in the Windows registry. Why are you not using that info? It will take several hours for me to fix this manually. A software patch would only be a few lines of code and will make professional users of EWQL much more likely to be repeat customers.
Libraries: EWQLSO Platinum Plus || Voices of Passion || Goliath || StormDrum2 || Garritan JABB
Computer: Vista x64 || RAM: 8GB || HDD: 4 x 500GB Seagate || Sound Card: Emu-1820
Keyboard: Kurzweil MIDIBoard
Software: Sonar 8PE, Audition 3, Notion3, Sibelius 6, NI Komplete 5
Treppenwitz

Postby Drew Buchan » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:01 am

It took me about an hour.
Haven't tested yet though.
Drew Buchan

Postby astinov » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:02 pm

Hi Treppenwitz,
Just wanted to address your concerns:

Treppenwitz wrote:Does this mean you don't intend to patch this with a software solution? Anyone who uses EWQLSO Platinum in any serious way would be foolish to install all 28 of the DVD the sample libraries onto the same drive as the OS. But this is what seems to be hardcoded into Notion's EWQL plugin data files

We are looking into it and we certainly want to find a way around it. Actually, the samples were located on an external WD drive (hence why it's searching for My Book :) )

Treppenwitz wrote:The actual library install path is easily accessible to Notion in the Windows registry. Why are you not using that info? It will take several hours for me to fix this manually. A software patch would only be a few lines of code and will make professional users of EWQL much more likely to be repeat customers.

Without going into much detail, the problem isn't that NOTION isn't looking up a path or provding a wrong path. This gets beyond NOTION's control at this point. NOTION doesn't keep track of the location of the samples, the VST plugin does that. I assure you, if it was just a matter of a few lines of code, we wouldn't be having this issue.

We are looking into solutions, but in the mean time, it takes seconds to navigate to your folder, and if you don't want to, we have provided you with a workaround which is explained in the thread. It really doesn't take hours to re-save those files.

I hope I was able to respond to your concerns. We'll keep trying to make this functionality even smoother, as much as it is possible.

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Return to NOTION