Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Authorize question - changing my hardware sometime

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Authorize question - changing my hardware sometime

Postby jazzalien » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:08 pm

Yes, I have it. The NOTION3 Box is here. Now I'm going to install it on my MacBook this evening and on my G5 tomorrow. Good to know having two Authorizations for N3.

Next time I want to by me a new MacPro to use it in place of my old G5. Here my questions:

1. Is there a problem with my NOTION3 Authorizations, when I am changing my hardware?
2. Is there a problem with my IK Multimedia Authorizations, when I am changing my hardware?

Thanks
jazzalien

Re: Authorize question - changing my hardware some

Postby jazzalien » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:17 am

Sorry, I must push my topic to the top. I need an answer to my question.

Thanks
jazzalien

Re: Authorize question - changing my hardware sometime

Postby astinov » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:48 pm

Hi Jazzalien,

While NOTION gives you two authorizatrions so you can install obn both machines and Nalpeiron also has a License Removal utility so you can remove and re-authorise the product on a different machine,. I believe the IK Authorization is tied to your hardware.

I would advise to just install everything on your new machine, to be safe.

Thanks

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Postby jazzalien » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:12 pm

Hi Lubo,

thanks for your answer.

Please tell me more about the Nalpeiron License Removal Utility. I can't find any information about it.

When I go to Applications - N3 - Right Click - Show Package - Contents - MacOS, there is the Nalpeiron.pkg file. Is this an Installer?...

In this Folder is the License Manager 5 as well. This app l know from PROGRESSION. What's the matter therewith in N3?

For my IK Authorizations I plan to ask their support and hope, they give me an answer (and an Authorization ;-)

Hope you can help me
Thanks
jazzalien

Postby jazzalien » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:23 pm

Hi Lubo,

IK Multimedia gives three Authorizations to each product. I have asked the IK Support, they say: "Hi, once you use all the codes you have we can unlock more then."

That means, there is no problem to change the hardware.

Please, don't forget to give me (and other users) informations about the License Removal Utility from Nalpeiron. On http://www.nalpeiron.com is nothing to find about it.

Thanks
jazzalien

Return to NOTION