Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Same VST multiple Rules

Same VST multiple Rules

Postby timkiel » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:12 pm

Hi - posted this earlier but it seems to have vanished.

Anyway I will try and make myself clearer too.

So I am experimenting with custom rules and have created some quite successfully for LASS. My question is how (if at all) can you have multiple rules for the same VSTi (in this case Kontakt 4). I run both LASS and Symphobia in K4 and need to have slightly different ways of handling each.

The problem is I can't find a way to have two different rules with the same name (e.g. Staccato) in the same rules file. One rule would be for LASS the other for Symphobia. I thought I might be able to use the instrument-ID flag but am not sure how Notion uses it.

Ideally it would be good to be able to check the part name abbreviation in a custom rule - i.e. I could have one K4 instance called LASS and the other call SYMP or something and therefore have a way of having multiple rules in the same script.

Am I barking up the wrong tree on this? Anyone have any ideas?

TIA and please be quick as I'm only using the demo still and have 14 days to go..... ;-)

Tim
timkiel

Re: Same VST multiple Rules

Postby Admin » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:53 am

timkiel wrote:Hi - posted this earlier but it seems to have vanished.

Anyway I will try and make myself clearer too.

So I am experimenting with custom rules and have created some quite successfully for LASS. My question is how (if at all) can you have multiple rules for the same VSTi (in this case Kontakt 4). I run both LASS and Symphobia in K4 and need to have slightly different ways of handling each.

The problem is I can't find a way to have two different rules with the same name (e.g. Staccato) in the same rules file. One rule would be for LASS the other for Symphobia. I thought I might be able to use the instrument-ID flag but am not sure how Notion uses it.

Ideally it would be good to be able to check the part name abbreviation in a custom rule - i.e. I could have one K4 instance called LASS and the other call SYMP or something and therefore have a way of having multiple rules in the same script.

Am I barking up the wrong tree on this? Anyone have any ideas?

TIA and please be quick as I'm only using the demo still and have 14 days to go..... ;-)

Tim

Sorry that your post was removed....we had to do some server maintenance yesterday and a few posts were lost in the database transfer. I'll see if I can get Lubo to chime in on this....
Admin
Site Admin

Postby timkiel » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:31 pm

Hi anybody able to help?

TIA
timkiel

Postby Admin » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:57 am

timkiel wrote:Hi anybody able to help?

TIA

It looks like if you assign rules to specific channels in Kontakt (as in 1-8 for LASS and 9-16 for Symphobia) you should be able to accomplish this.

Take a look at the custom rules document here (http://www.notionmusic.com/support/down ... uments.zip)

This should work, but as always with custom rules may take some research to implement correctly.

-kyle
Admin
Site Admin

Return to Custom Rules Discussion