Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Vocal sounds curiously like a piano

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Vocal sounds curiously like a piano

Postby rlo9 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:44 am

Can anyone else please check their installation of Notion 3 and see if they get the Vocal sounds ? On my installation, all five sounds under the Vocal group of Notion 3 sounds are playing a piano sound. Am I missing something here ? Maybe my installation went wrong, though I did not get an error message. If I look in the Sounds folder of the installation, I see no Vocal or Voice .prox file. I would appreciate anyone letting me know whether theirs works.

Other than that, I really like this program. Good work !
rlo9

Re: Vocal sounds curiously like a piano

Postby astinov » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:32 am

Hi rlo9,

As with NOTION2, we provide a Score Setup entry for Vocal, but we actually do not have a vocal sounds set. Hence, they are playing back with piano sounds. There is nothing wrong with your installation.

The reason the entry is there is for convenience - you wouldn't have to customize Basic Staffs to creat Vocal parts for your score.

I realize this is probably not the best answer you were hoping for, but I can offer you a workaround. If you happen to have a VST library that has vocals, than you could use them together with NOTION. We also provide presets for vocals for Miroslav Philharmonik and Garritan libraries.

Hope this helps

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Postby rlo9 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:00 am

Thanks Lubo, no that's fine, I do have another Choir VST that I can use. I just wanted to make sure that something hadn't gone wrong in the installation. I have barely scratched the surface on what this program can do, but I like it so far. I have used a friend's Finale a few times and this seems so much easier to enter notes and plays better too. Forgive me if this is explained in the manual, but is there a way to set up our own templates for starting a sheet ? I suppose that I can just set up a sheet the way I want and leave it blank, and use that, but I was wondering if I could have it show up on the startup screen ?

With regards

rlo9
rlo9

Postby peterlappo » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:12 pm

Don't suppose there are any plans to have SATB vocals in the expansion sounds?
Just something simple and inexpensive would do for me.

In fact when will the expansion packs be available from the store?

Peter
peterlappo

Return to NOTION